Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Whats New Page not there on iphone app

Whats New Page not there on iphone app

Hi,

The Whats New tab is not there anymore on my iphone 4s but is there on my girlfriends. We have the same spotify premium version. Does anyone know if I delete the app and then reinstall it, will my playlists and offline saved tracks be in working order?

Cheers

11 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The What's New page is currently in the process of being replaced by the Discover page, on all platforms and it does not rely on you client versions. So if you have Discover instead of Whats New, then there is nothing "wrong" there, "Whats New" will shortly completely disappear. 

Uninstalling the app and reinstalling it will conserve your playlists and account data, however it will remove any downloaded offline content you have. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The "Discover" replacement of the "What's New" app/ option on Spotify iphone/ mobile is not a good "replacement" at all! This should be an alternative OPTION not a REPLACEMENT. I don't understand why Spotify would eliminate such a great feature from the music application. How is "discover" a viable replacement? Please let me know if I have completely misunderstood the purpose of this feature because I'd love to keep my premium membership, but without the "What's New" app (along with the no commercials) I don't really see the purpose. That is what set you all apart. Sorry to be so direct/ harsh but I'm just totally disappointed with this replacement feature. 😞

@MegaWatts wrote:

The "Discover" replacement of the "What's New" app/ option on Spotify iphone/ mobile is not a good "replacement" at all! This should be an alternative OPTION not a REPLACEMENT. I don't understand why Spotify would eliminate such a great feature from the music application. How is "discover" a viable replacement? Please let me know if I have completely misunderstood the purpose of this feature because I'd love to keep my premium membership, but without the "What's New" app (along with the no commercials) I don't really see the purpose. That is what set you all apart. Sorry to be so direct/ harsh but I'm just totally disappointed with this replacement feature. 😞

If you have any feedback about the What's New / Discovery change, then head over to this topic on the ideas exchange. 

On iOS, you can also use the Tunigo app (which is now owned by Spotify) to access new releases. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

that is a horrible idea Spotify.  With all the other options out there to go and and piss off your loyal customers and risk them leaving is crazy.  The discover tab is ok but leave the Whats New tab as well.  You guys are crazy for this, and i never thought Id leave Spotify but I may go look at Google All Play now.  Please bring this back.

This single change of replacing the what's new tab has ruined spotify for me by replacing it with the discover tab! Really why can't there be both??! And from what I have been reading online this has upset a lot of people! U guys really dropped the ball on this one,I won't be recommending this to anymore friends and my subscription will not be renewed unless a real what's new alternative is made! Discover tab bluntly is a piece of **bleep** that has been done before and no one has ever boasted about it!

Regards from a pissed of user who once thought spotify was the holy grail of all music sources!

Why the heck did you decide to replace "What's new" with "Discover" page?!

DICOVER page SUCKS ... SUCKS MAYOR ASS!

sorry to be rude ... but I'm totally pissed off at you guy's!

The best feature I liked about spotify ...  and you took it away!

.... I'm 99% thinking of cutting my subscription to you guys! ... if iTunes Radio was realesed here in sweden .... I wouldn't evet have bothered writing this! 

On my Spoitify(I have an Iphone 4) Doesn't exist "What's New" tab. What is the problem?

Thanks.

HI. What's New is being replaced by Discover. You can read a little more in the thread I'm moving your post to.

YES the Discover page is completly BOGUS..ive been a premium user for a LONG time now and if the Whats New Feature dont come back i will be canceling my service.I want to see what comes out EVERY TUESDAY...not "you've listened to this so try this"...NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FIX THIS SPOTIFY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!If i wouldve known i wouldve NEVER UPDATED!ANGRY

I totally agree. The "what's new" feature was my favorite thing about using spotify and I was terribly saddened when I couldn't find it. I've tried using the discover feature but it doesn't come close. I really hope what's new comes back or at least something that closer resembles it.

Was also upset about replaced "What's New" page.

Tunigo app for iOS has this feature and it's a great app so far...

http://se.tunigo.com/apps/

Suggested posts