Premium

Country
Argentina

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 12.4

My Question or Issue

Randomly, you cannot record/play a voice message in WhatsApp even if you're not playing any music. When you try to record a message, it cancels out. When you try to play a voice message, it pauses after less than a second. You cannot either use Siri. After pressing down the button, it stops listening and shows you commands. In those cases, you have to close the Spotify app swiping it up, and then everything starts working fine.

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Hope it helps 🙂

I’ve already done that before this post. 

I have the same problems since iOS 12, now iOS 14 Beta on 3 different devices! Spotify please do something, this is annoying!

Hey @xbgerrit and @tinchovelazquez,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly help you out.

If the steps provided by @Loxer didn't fix thing, you should also perform a clean reinstall of any other apps you're experiencing this interference with.

You should also make sure that both Spotify and WhatsApp have all permissions activated and are excluded from battery optimization.

If that doesn't fix things, a video of the problem would be very helpful to us in identifying the root cause of the problem. You can add it to your post via the Insert Video option, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive info.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts