Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I search up an artist and tap on their music, it wont open the list of songs in their albums

When I search up an artist and tap on their music, it wont open the list of songs in their albums

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Plan

Iphone Xs

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

When I search up an artist and tap on their music, it wont open the list of songs in their albums, I cant see their music. Ive tried deleting the app, refreshing, and logging out, nothing works.

1 Reply

Recently, Spotify took away the ability for free users to see what songs are in an album or by a particular artist.

Before, free users were able to select an album, press “preview” or “and more”, and see a list of all the songs in the album, each with a short audio demo. This made it much easier to discover new artists, and created a much more convenient user experience.

The only way to hear samples of songs now is to listen through Spotify-made playlists. Unfortunately lots of smaller artists don't feature on many of these playlists making it very difficult to sample/discover their music. 

Obviously, I understand that as a free user there are compromises that need to be made by users like listening to ads, only being able to shuffle and not being able to listen to specific songs, but removing the ability to see what songs I'm shuffling is silly; so silly in fact that many users thought it was a glitch in the app at first. 

It's clear that this is an attempt to force more free users into going premium but some users simply can't afford it, so this is an unnecessary punishment. Many users, including myself, will be looking for alternative music services if this change isn't reversed. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Bring-back-the-ability-to-view-albums-for-free-us...

Suggested posts