Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I try to open my spotify app on my iPhone it keeps crashing and doesn't open. Help me

Solved!

When I try to open my spotify app on my iPhone it keeps crashing and doesn't open. Help me

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Have you tried restarting your iPhone by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen?

Peter

Hi Peter,
Restarting my phone by holding the home and lock buttons does not resolve this issue.
How can I fix this?

What version of iOS and Spotify are you using?

Peter

I am using IOS 7.0 and spotify version 0.9.2

Are you part of the collections beta test which is ongoing (if you don't know what collection is you probably aren't!)?

Peter

I'm not aware of what this is. I am still unable to use spotify. How can I fix this?

Can you try a clean reinstallation of the application?

Peter

I have done this. Now the app is no longer crashing. So we are going in the right direction. However when I try to log on it comes up with the error message: "login failed" "You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days."
I originally opened a spotify premium account with the advice of your help centre after asking if I could use spotify abroad as I would be travelling abroad for at least 6 months. I was advised that there would be no problems with this. I was told that it might not work in some countries because of licensing. I was also told that I would have to log in at least once every 30 days. I was encouraged to get a premium
Account because I could make and download playlists that I could listen to offline and this would benefit me in my travels.
Because of this advice I was given by your help centre I opened the premium account. I would be extremely upset if I was mis-sold this product on the basis that I advised my travelling plans of being away for at least 6 months if I was paying a monthly fee for only 14 days usage.

Premium should definitely allow you to sign in from abroad, are you definitely logging in with the correct details? Try logging into your online profile:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Does it show you have an active premium subscription?

Peter

No. It shows I have a free account. But I have been getting charged my monthly fee.
Marked as solution

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

All is fixed now.

Thanks

Suggested posts