When can I expect Siri shortcuts to work?

68 people liked this

When can I expect Siri shortcuts to work?

Kevleyski
Casual Listener

I’d like Siri support so I can start playback of a playlist for example with a given phrase 

26 Replies

Re: When can I expect Siri shortcuts to work?

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

Hey @Kevleyski, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That's up to Apple's side mostly. Still iOS 12 is an unreleased piece of software so no official support for it.

Have a nice day :)

LoxerRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
11 people liked this

Kevleyski
Casual Listener

Pretty sure iOS12 is released?

Other apps seem to be able to attach a voice snippet to action things to start and perform actions

Thinking there should be a way to reuse that system in some way?

29 people liked this

phideaux
Regular

It's already been integrated with Pandora. Come on, Spotify, this should have been worked out from the word go.

49 people liked this

Storm312

Please consider prioritizing this. I'm tired of not being able to conveniently voice command Spotify in iOS and I don't think I'm alone. I know this has been Apple's shortcoming for a while, but it now seems possible and I'd personally like to use Siri from the watch to play a song or start a playlist. I know the in-app voice command was added and I've used it once or twice but it's not convenient at all.

50 people liked this

rgalang

iOS12 was released to developers months ago. It entered beta months ago. Spotify should have this ready TODAY, upon iOS12 release. We've been waiting for this for an eternity, get your stuff together guys.

24 people liked this

gaspomacho567

This is not true, google has already integrated maps into shortcuts on day 1. Spotify needs to get it together.

12 people liked this

ChesterKatz

Loxer was correct that iOS 12 wasn't out at the time of the initial reply (a day before the official public release), but as others have pointed out here, it's been available for developers since June.

A large number of apps had this integration ready to go on day one (Pandora for instance). It feels like Spotify really dropped the ball on this one.

20 people liked this

melomanias

No longer up to Apple. As mentioned above, iOS 12 beta has been available to developers for a while now and the public version has now been released. It is up to Spotify to decide whether they want to develop a feature that many of their users have been longing for for YEARS. I will wait a couple more months for an update, and if this continues to be a non-priority, I'll be taking my paid subscription elsewhere.

6 people liked this

Rahoulb
Gig Goer

Ios12 was released to developers in June.

Overcast, built by one person working alone, managed to add Siri shortcut support more comprehensive than most of Apples own apps. 

As as a side note, Apple Music (finally) understands the type of music I like. 

SUGGESTED POSTS