Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When offline only a single playlist works.

When offline only a single playlist works.

When my Spotify is offline and my phone has no internet connection the songs I have downloaded won’t play! They’re not greyed out, but won’t start or leave the 0:00 mark. 

Only one playlist works, usually the one I listen the most to or was listening when I went offline. 

Other bug I have is my songs freezing when they reach 10 seconds. 
How can I fix this? It’s extremely annoying when I go out for a run and can’t listen to the songs I had planned to simply because Spotify is not working as it should and delivering me what I’m paying for. 

I have updated the app already, but I don’t want to delete it as I would have to download songs again and I’m not in the mood for that right now or ever. 

3 Replies

Hey @itskatemoss,

Thanks for writing about what you've experienced here in the Community.

Would you mind letting us know what device and operating system as well as Spotify version you've had this issue with?

In my case (iPhone Xr iOS 14.2, Spotify 8.5.83.1426), there are no issues with playing any of the songs in the playlists I downloaded for offline listening so maybe your device or app need to be updated to start running smoothly again.

We'll keep an eye on your reply. Hope you'll find this useful!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, Mario.

iPhone X IOS 14, Spotify 8.5.83.1426. 

Thanks for getting back to us @itskatemoss,

A couple of days ago Spotify came out with version 8.5.84 for iOS, so we'd recommend that you update the app to that.

We'd also suggest clearing your cache with the steps here - that won't remove your downloads.

If that doesn't help and your downloaded playlists still don't work as indented, it's possible that the issue is caused by duplicate cache on your device.

We understand you don't want re-download your tunes, but more often than not a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here would help to solve that cache issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts