Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When playing a song, midway through it stops for a split second and then starts again

When playing a song, midway through it stops for a split second and then starts again

Plan

Family premium

Australia

Device

iPhone XS

When playing a song, midway through it stops for a split second and then starts again, does it a few times during the song.

Any ideas what the issue might be? I have been with Spotify and never had this issue - updated app as I have new iphone Xs

8 Replies

Hey there @cheats36,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. 

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how everything works after that so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks but the clean reinstall of the app has not worked. The issue persists. Any other solutions?

Hi again @cheats36

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind letting us know if this is still happening when you use a different internet connection?

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this?

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Deleted

BTW This issue has ONLY started since I got a new iphone - the Xs (software version 14.3) - everything was OK on previous iphone7. 

Hi there @cheats36

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Just to confirm, did you try the steps that @Novy sent previously? If so, could you let us know if the issue still persists that way?

On another note, we'd like to know if this is happening only with a specific song or with everything you're listening to. If the issue is isolated to a specific song, sending us its URI would come in handy. To get it, open the Spotify desktop app > click the three dots next to the content > Share > Copy Spotify URI.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It happens on all songs. The only thing I can think of is that it is the wifi connection - but it has never happened before - nothing has changed with the wifi. Only the new iphone XS. The stop start happens at least 5 times during the song.

Hi @cheats36

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to make sure, were you able to get someone else to log into their account using your device?

Also, did you notice any difference when using another internet connection?

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts