Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When will the ipad app get updated with "Your Music" feature?

When will the ipad app get updated with "Your Music" feature?

I think the title says it all. Any information available?
7 Replies

...and when will the ipad App get the new Design? I like it on macbook and iPhone, but I want to use it (incl. the
"Your Music"-Feature) on my iPad Air.

iPad wasn't included in the Your Music beta, so I would predict it will still be a few versions away.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just updated my iPad app. I'm pretty sure it said something about My Music in the description, but still no My Music. Hmm...

The release notes in the app store are the same for the iPhone and iPad version, it's not made particularly clear which features apply to which app.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Currently you cannot access Your Music in the iPad app.

The developers are working on an updated iPad update with a new design similar to the iPhone app and it will include Discover and Your Music.

Shouldn't be too long of a wait. Maybe 1-3 months wait at the most. (just my best guess)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not too long? That's way too long! This is likely the death knell for me and Spotify. Their product development decisions are about the worst I've experienced in a software platform. To roll out new features over periods of months across platforms as they continuously do without improving existing features is ridiculous. Of which this particular issue is not the worst. The fact that there is no easy way to transfer my 20,000+ starred songs to my "Your Music" is the worst.

I actually got tired of waiting. I've canceled my premium membership as have a few friends. I need the same functionality on ipad and iPhone. Otherwise, it's useless to me. I'm trying out beats music for now. I'll join again when the ipad app is updated unless I stay with beats.

Suggested posts