Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where I Can Download An Older Version Of Spotify

Solved!

Where I Can Download An Older Version Of Spotify

Hi There, I was wondering where I can download an older version of the Spotify App? Like a Link or something I can click on and download. I can't do it from the app store 'cause I have an iPhone 4s which Spotify doesn't support, and I didn't download the previous version of Spotify when they did support the old operating system. Any suggestions or ideas I should take?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Billy-J, and @Heythatsme,

I have found a way to download an older version of the Spotify App but it might not be an efficient way to do it but it was the quickest and possible way that I know of. I went to the App store > Updates > Purchased > My Dads Purchases > Not on This Phone >  Search > Spotify > Download > Older Version.

I have the older version of the App now on my iPhone. Thank you for your help @Billy-J, and @Heythatsme.

Have a wonderful Day.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @Joel-M, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern about this. There isn’t an official way to install an older version of the Spotify app. 

I am also checking the system requirements and you need an iOS device with iOS 11 or later (which the iPhone 4s doesn’t support). In that case, I can’t guarantee that the app will function properly on that device. You can also learn more about the system requirements here.

Hope this helps! I’ll be here if you need anything else.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Billy-J,

It isn't a big concern for me but just wondering if there is a way to get an older version of Spotify. I read that it is not safe to download an older version of Spotify, but what choice do I have? I kinda have to anyway. 

I am using a very old version of Amazon Music for free right now. And the last max update for Amazon Music for iPhone 4s was 3-4 years ago, and the app works totally fine, no glitches, it is like it works just as good as new. 

So it would be awesome if someone out there can find a solution to download an older version of Spotify.

Hey @Joel-M 

I searched for APK's / older version of Spotify ( not safe to use) and I didn't find any for the iOS version ( 9.3.6) you have, but maybe you can use Spotify's Web Player to listen to Music.

Edit: maybe this link will help you.

Hi @Heythatsme,

If you didn't see my other topic about possibly using a web player on my iPhone 4s, but it is not possible right now. But of course, I would like this but the problem is my other topic is that I can not put an idea on the Spotify community. Someone or something is blocking me from it and it is frustrating, to see both topics click here and here. Do any Moderators or someone who actually works at Spotify know where to get an older version of Spotify or how to enable me to put ideas on the Spotify Community?

TIA

Hey,

I may have found something. If Spotify is purchased on your Apple Account and you press download in "Purchased" it should let you download an older version of Spotify that is available for your device. I think it is not important if you have the previous version or not.

Hey, did you see my topic about Possibly using web player on iPhone 4s? If you didn't link down below

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Possible-to-use-web-player-on-iPhone-4s/m-p/5009254

Please read all of it. Thanks.

Hey,
Ok I did my research again and you can download Spotify from a mobile device ( Needs to be with the same apple account) that has the current iOS Version and you can download it from there and then its in your purchased and if its in your purchased you can download it with your iPhone 4 (could work or could not work) and there is another option but it's dangerous, can cause security lacks, getting banned or more so I'm not going to write that.

Marked as solution

Hi @Billy-J, and @Heythatsme,

I have found a way to download an older version of the Spotify App but it might not be an efficient way to do it but it was the quickest and possible way that I know of. I went to the App store > Updates > Purchased > My Dads Purchases > Not on This Phone >  Search > Spotify > Download > Older Version.

I have the older version of the App now on my iPhone. Thank you for your help @Billy-J, and @Heythatsme.

Have a wonderful Day.

Great stuff @Joel-M, and thanks for jumping in @Heythatsme!

Keep in mind that if any issues do occur with the old version Spotify won’t be able to help since it’s not an official version of Spotify and Spotify doesn’t support that particular iOS version and device.

Have a great day ahead!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have Spotify on my iPhone 12. But it's still does not pear anywhere in my "purchased" account. not on my iPad 4th generation. But also neither on my iPhone 12. Both devices have same accounts. It's not in hidden either. I'm trying to use that trick to download an older version of Spotify on my old iPad.

Not to mention they removed voice control on the app

Now you would have to purchase yet another device to put in your car to simply ask Spotify to play a song.

Anything for a dollar or well probably  50-60$

Holy Cow, THAT'S why they took away voice!!!!!!!

This 100% worked! Thank You!

BI

Suggested posts