Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where can i find the number of songs in my playlists?

Solved!

Where can i find the number of songs in my playlists?

Since the latest Spotify iOS update i can no longer find the number of songs in each of my playlists. (See the attached image)

The number of songs is gone. :(The number of songs is gone. 😞

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 12,2

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Bandisto,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

This feature was removed.

The number of songs in a playlist is still presented if you go to add a song to a playlist.

Let me know if you have further questions,

Have a great day 😃

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Bandisto,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

This feature was removed.

The number of songs in a playlist is still presented if you go to add a song to a playlist.

Let me know if you have further questions,

Have a great day 😃

Hey OneByBoo,

Unfortunately this is incorrect as I have tested your solution. I provided a pic that shows as I'm adding a song to a playlist. The amount of songs within each playlist is still not displayed even when adding a song. Not sure why Spotify chose to take away this feature but it sucks lol. 

Screenshot_20190629-054319_Spotify.jpg

Hey @bethblaze & @Bandisto,

The number of songs was indeed removed within the last update.

You can add your +VOTE and try to promote this idea regarding the changes made.

On top of that, i also recommend checking out this Spotify answer is case you have further questions on the new UI.

Hope this helps 🙂

But why?? Why would you remove such a basic fundamental «feature»?? Seriously, why would you vhoose to reduce (in caps) usability? 

I hope someone tells us that it is for a valid functional/technical reason, explaining that reason. 

Otherwise, this seems like another step towards pushing users away from having control of their listening, instead working towards pacifying users to take what sporify feeds us, which is then presumably guided by the amount content owners pay spotify... Scary if so....

That solution does not work. I tried adding a song and it did NOT show the number of songs in the playlist. Why do people post solutions that clearly do not work?

Totally agree. Why do they issue updates which REDUCE the user friendliness of the product. This is what happens when you total control over to designers and omit end user testing. It would be like designers in BMW deciding to launch a new with only NO air conditioning. See how that would go. Will Spotify PLEASE restore the old way.

Who is the genius in spotify did this big mistake???? Why not improve the app instead of remove essential MUST have feature from the app on mobile... are you ok guys in spotify? Really making me tbink back to apple music... add back songs number!!!!

Sorry for reviving a dead post but I encountered this issue today. The workaround I came up with is to share the playlist via WhatsApp with someone and the number of musics will be displayed. Dumb that there's no way through the app, but it is better than nothing. 

Suggested posts