Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where did the dislike button go?

Where did the dislike button go?

I’m using the latest iOS app (8.4.72) and the dislike button seems to be gone. I’ve checked on both my iPad and iPhone which are both running iOS 12. I’m listening to my discover weekly so I should be able to dislike but it seems I can only like. 

EA10FA59-0C18-43FD-BD8B-A5DA0B031C4C.png

9 Replies

Hey @swrobel, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

To dislike songs you can use the Stop button.

Just as shown in the screenshot below:

IMG_0073.png

Hope it helps! 🙂

23A45446-FE1C-482B-B123-05C50458906B.jpeg

Try playing to a Spotify Connect device and the UI changes and no more dislike. 

Hey @swrobel,

I checked and here's how it looks on mine:

IMG_0074.png

Just note that at Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

Hope it helps 🙂

So, how do I actually go about reporting this bug?

Hey @swrobel,

This is not a but. If you have any feedback on this change please post it here or start a new thread.

I'll make sure to pass it to the right folks at Spotify.

Thanks! 🙂

How is it not a bug? It isn't behaving as it should on my devices.

Hey @swrobel,

I already mentioned that but you might be interested in checking this support article for more 🙂

It should be one of Spotify's A/B tests. If you have feedback on it please feel free to share it.

@Loxer wrote: 

It should be one of Spotify's A/B tests. If you have feedback on it please feel free to share it.

I think I already mentioned that I'm not happy with it, as I want to be able to dislike. So, there's my feedback.

Yes I've already passed your feedback on 🙂

Thanks!

Suggested posts