Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where do I find the "Downloads" section?

Where do I find the "Downloads" section?

I don't know what happened but I couldn't find this section of the app anymore.spotifyapp.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-24 at 7.41.02 PM.png

19 Replies

Hey there and welcome to the community.

There is no such thing as a downloaded section anymore.
Playlist that are downloaded have a green icon nect to them.
Same goes for Albums, Songs, Artists, etc.

Go offline on sportify, that way you can only play downloaded songs.
The download option for prenium just means you can predownload song you haven't played yet and keep them on the device so you don't use allyour mobile data or don't have to wait for buffering.

I use it at work because I can't always use an unsecue internet line, so when I have to go offline I still have my doanloaded music.

--
Kind Regards
Ruben
https://open.spotify.com/user/1123476103?si=FmbTGz7uS-eajZ4u0PRxcA

That’s ridiculous.  So now we need to scroll through hundreds of “saved” albums and playlists to find the ones we downloaded?

Well no, sorry I missed the point of the question.
When in an list (Songs, Artists, etc.. ) swipe down fromt he top (the top of spotify not your phone) and it will open a search.
Click the filter and select Downloads, it will then filter that list to downloads only.

--
Kind Regards
Ruben
https://open.spotify.com/user/1123476103?si=FmbTGz7uS-eajZ4u0PRxcA

When offline, it's easier to browse through what's available rather than remember whats offline and then filter. 

That is ridicilous. So you left there section called "podcasts" and for some reason removed "downloaded"? And I should go throught all sections and in every one add filter downloaded to be able to see it?

For example I was using only this section in mobile app. Nothing else. Only downloaded.

Can you put it back? Or at least make it customizable?

This is absolutley ridiculous. Why can there not be an option to bring together all the downloaded music? Why does it have to be separated by song / artist / album / playlist? I can't see how removing this feature benefits anyone. Where can I submit a feature request to bring this back?

If you were using only this feature on mobile... Why not just use the App in offline mode then ?

because offline mode last only for 30 days? And I need to download new music every week. So I dont want to turn it on and off all the time. It is hidden too deep in the settings.

If I would be a designer, I would do this:

- download section would be there

- offline would be changed to - dont use mobile data to synchronize music

- synchronization of "discover weekly" would be automatical. At least I would see if there is new content. A lot of times I check on monday that my music is downloaded, just to find out in subway that it isnt....

i'm so angry about this

this gives you a list of all albums that have any song downloaded anywhere (like one song from a playlist or something)--not just the current downloaded albums.

this shows you all albums that have any song from it downloaded- not the albums that you have downloaded. so for someone that has many long playlists this is still like 100 albums

WHHHHYYYY? Would you change that spotify WHY?

I have premium and Offline STILL stops on songs that are loaded exactly the same. Quite often actually. 

SO I downloaded my favs, set for a roadtrip... 2 hours into the road trip I get a notification from my network provider.. I had chewed through all of my new data credit!! Try even finding what you have downloaded.
This downloads BS is just that BS..

BTW Folks Apple Music app has a Downloads section.

Except that it also shows album that were never downloaded in the first place. Perhaps one song of those albums would've been saved at some point, but not downloaded.

Sorry, but this is a major fail on your part. 

Please bring back the "downloaded" section on the spotify mobile app. 

The #1 reason I subscribe to premium is to access downloaded songs on my phone w/o burning cellular data and the convenience of accessing all downloads in one place. 

Spotify pretty much blew it with this one. Bad Spotify, bad. 

Way to Snapchat this feature Spotify. Great...

And another thing. If I use filter as you suggested on album section. There is "small" problem. I have few playlists downloaded and when I'm looking for downloaded albums, it shows every album from every song in every downloaded playlist. This is ridicilous...

Suggested posts