Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where is Spotify on App Store

Where is Spotify on App Store

Just picked up my iPhone 8 Plus running on IOS 12.1.1 and I cannot find or download the Spotify app. I have tried downloading it on the Spotify website with no luck all i get is a blank white screen. Any ideas why I cant find or download Spotify?? 

Thanks

8 Replies

Hmm, are you unable to find it in the ios app store? What does it say if you follow this link (it should take you to the app store)?

It could be as simple as restarting your device, if you're still having issues though, double check to make sure you're in a country where Spotify is available.

Yeah that link doesn’t take me anywhere. Just a white screen. But I’m in Canada so it’s available here and I have it on my iPad I think it has to do with the new iOS update because after updating my iPad it won’t appear in the App Store either but I still have it on my iPad having previously installed it prior to this update. 

It's likely an issue with ios/the app store. If restarting your device didn't help, you could try signing out and back in to your itunes account on your phone as those cause the ios to retrieve the most recent data from the apple servers. 

Sorry for the late response but yeah still no luck. I have tried restarting,login in and out and downloading from the web and still nothing. I’m extremely frustrated. I guess at this point I’m just wondering if this is a common problem with new updates and if anyone has faced this problem before not much online about this. 

Maybe you’re not in a country where Spotify is available.

As I have said in a previous post I live in Canada and I have Spotify on my other devices. This is the first device I’ve ever had a problem with. 

Hey @Keaton22,

Could you try to sign in with a Canadian Apple ID in the App Store and search for Spotify?

Does Spotify show up in your list of Purchased apps in the App Store?

Could you try signing in with your Apple ID to another Apple device and see if Spotify shows in the search results there?

Please let me know 🙂

Solved! Well kind of. I was able to login to the phone with another friends account and download the app on to the phone thru iCloud then log back into my Apple ID. Still doesn’t explain why I cant find it in the apple Store it must be do to the update. Anyways I’m just happy to be able to listen to music finally. Thanks for all the help everyone!! 

Suggested posts