Plan

Premium

Country

USA 🇺🇸 

Device

Apple Watch OS 5.01

Operating System

Watch OS 5.01

Spotify, where’s the Watch OS 5.01 app? I can download onto my Garmin Fenix 5 plus but no watch support? I want to stream music while I’m on the bike and without taking a 6.5” iPhone in my bike jersey because I already have a ton of dirty, wet bike gear with me. The Garmin doesn’t stream and don’t wanna keep d/l as I rotate playlists and music. Come on guys. This sucks there’s no support and this is a no brained.

9 Replies
12 people liked this

Re: Where is the Spotify Apple Watch 4 App

Simjul
Casual Listener

We are all waiting for this...

I already switched to Apple Music last year...

Highlighted
11 people liked this

ggmartin

Seriously thinking about switching to Apple Music if the app doesn’t come out within the next few weeks...

9 people liked this

FooBarBazQux
Regular

This is a mystery for me as well.

4 (four) generations of Watch and still no app.

At least tell us WHY it isnt happening, we (the customters) are not stupid...

There are now third party podcast/radio apps, so it should be doable technically...

Also, we def. need offline support since eSim aint widely available yet.

5 people liked this

Ghislainb
Casual Listener

I ordered yesterday an Apple Watch, because I found a solution to listen to my Spotify playlists with my future Apple Watch offline, without my iPhone.

It is an App that converts your Spotify Music into MP3 files. The name is Sidify Music Converter for Spotify. So after you can uploade the MP3 files in iTunes and you synchronize the playlists with Apple Watch. I tested it, it seems to work well, not very fast, but OK, to synchonize 2-3 albums to go running. I don't know if it's really legal... Not the best solution, but can help for a few weeks. Spotify teams, we want a really app !! Otherwise, I will seriously thing to migrate to Apple Music.

(I'm not working for Sidify).

6 people liked this

travisnew87
Casual Listener

Yeah I am looking at bailing on Spotify if I don't get something by the end of the year. Being silent and not innovative is exactly how you lose customers, Spotify.

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey Apple Watch users,

You may have seen news about an Apple Watch app in beta testing.

Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features. During testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a new feature for only a temporary period.

Please note that beta features are not always released to the public at the end of testing. Stay tuned to the official Spotify news channels for the latest announcements.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
14 people liked this

FooBarBazQux
Regular

Ok so wth is this ”app” now released? A complete joke. Aprils fools?

its just a glorified remote.

I dont understand how it can be so hard for the Spotify Developers to understand:

We want a STANDALONE app (i.e without any iPhone nearby) that can play Music to Apple Watch bluetooth attached earphones.

preferably with both offline storage and wi-fi/4g support.

please fix.

(the Apple Music/iTunes app does just this, so obviously its possible).

3 people liked this

recklessjuju
Casual Listener

I agree with this thread.  It seems like a no-brainer to make the apple watch spotify music app to be able to connect directly connect to bluetooth headphones, especially the apple airpods. What is this app anyway? A remote? I don't need that, I can control the music with Siri through my headphones. I want to not have to have my phone with me. 

The reason why I bought the watch (and the cellular one no less) is so when I go for runs or bike rides I don't need to take my phone with me... come to find out this isn't possible, I need still need my phone!  What the **bleep**? Not cool spotify, is this due to apple music rights on their watch or something? Speak up, what is the reason why this isn't happening? If this doesn't get resolved, I will definitely go to apple music since it's basically the same thing except the one feature I want which is to listen on the go without my phone is available with apple music.

Apple Music is a huge competitor for you guys and to lose business for something so small seems kinda unnecessary doesn't it?

3 people liked this

recklessjuju
Casual Listener

Oh and Apple Music even makes it easy for you to switch to spotify.  They will move  all your spotify playlists to their service... Can you keep up spotify?

SUGGESTED POSTS