Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where is the Spotify Running option for playlist based on personal taste / library?

Solved!

Where is the Spotify Running option for playlist based on personal taste / library?

This summer I tried Spotify running and was able to select an option that picked tracks that matched my BPM based on my Library. It was great.

I was going to get back into Spotify Running today and can't find that option. Has it been eliminated (oooooooooof) or moved / renamed?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ACAx1985xx

You mean you cannot find the running feature?

Running can now be found under Browse > Genres & Moods, along with Spotify's new Party feature.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Anybody find it?

Marked as solution

Hey @ACAx1985xx

You mean you cannot find the running feature?

Running can now be found under Browse > Genres & Moods, along with Spotify's new Party feature.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I can find "Running", but I can't find the option to create my own Running Mix based on my personal taste as defined by my music library.

Hey @ACAx1985xx

If you go to Running > Running Playlists > Recommended For You, you'll find suggestions based on your listening history.

There, Spotify will match your tempo with your favorite music. However, it adds new music from the Spotify catalog if your saved music doesn’t match your tempo OR if it's fairly small there wouldn’t be enough tracks there to make a playlist.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yeah, I don't have that option. 😞

Hey @ACAx1985xx

Sorry, I meant

Browse > scroll down to moods and select Running then > Running Playlists > Recommended For You

Are you still not seeing it?

MattSudaSpotify Star

IMHO a bit confusing that they moved this option. I guess I would never have found it when it was there from the beginning ^^

Tried these instructions but can't find "running" among the tiles in browse > genres & moods. Spotify 8.4.18.743 armV7 on Android 7.1.1.

Likewise. It was there a week ago when I went for a run. Last couple times I look, it's not there. Android. 8.4.42

Just 4 days ago I went on a run, and was able to use Spotify to match my bpm to my favorite songs, went running today and now it’s gone! Very upset, not cool!!!

Same here with me... Can anyone solve this???

Ditto.

I can see running playlists under the 'workout' tile, but the BPM tracking running option is gone. 

I used it on Sunday morning, but as of Tuesday morning, gone.

The Running option had disappeared on my iPhone this morning. Workout has a number of running mixes but you can’t match tonyour tempo.   Can’t find anything about this change. 

I can’t find it either!!! I’m devasted. I’m meant to be doing a half marathon this weekend!! 

Will it be back anytime soon??

Same exact issue for me too! I used it just last week for running and now it's not showing up under Genres and Moods. Android 8.1 on a Google Pixel 2.

This is so annoying. They just decided to remove the running feature with no announcements. Why would you do that? 

thanks for the links!

but i'm **bleep** that i have to to frickin' vote for a service, now gone, that i was paying for!

Suggested posts