Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wheres WALL-E?

Solved!

Wheres WALL-E?

Hi all,

We recently went premium and the whole family are very satisfied so far. We are using the iPad 3, iPhone 4 and 4S and Roku 3's to stream tunes etc.

The other day I searched for the WALL-E soundtrack, found it and played it no worries, it had a track list similar to this as I recall:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WALL-E_(soundtrack)

All went well and the kids loved it. In hindsight, I should have saved the album as a favourite playlist.

The problem started today when the kids asked for it again. I searched high and low, by Album, Artist and even by individual tracks. The best I could find was the same WALL-E Soundtrack, but this time, it only has 4 tracks in it. Huh??

Surely this is a bug, as I presume I don't get penalised for going 'premium'... right?

Can someone shed some light on this mystery, am I delusional, or even if someone could do a search and tell me how many tracks they can see on the album, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Available content on Spotify does vary depending on what region you are in sadly, since music licensing is still done old school on a per country (or groups of countries) basis. I've had a look in the catalogue, but since the album comes up as "Various Artists" I can't see the overall availability of the album. I can confirm that the majority of the tracks on the version I see are not available in Australia sadly though.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks Peter. I'd resided to the fact that I had come to the same conclusion.

How lame, you would think that in this day and age, a premium subscriber would have access to all available titles, regardless of physical location. My coins should be just as worthy as the next blokes, surely.

When will they wake up and embrace the real world rather than punish it. They will never eliminate piracy and yet they choose to enforce selective licensing rules based on different geographical locations?

Meh !

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Was this this one?
http://open.spotify.com/album/7IH5SRyEVemZWfhjYmWtT1

Peter

That looks like the album, but why can't I find it when I search for it in the app?

What did you type in the search bar?

I type: Wall-e, Disney Pixar, Thomas Newman... But each time I can't see that album.

When I click your link, the album eventually opened in the app, but it STILL only has 4 tracks in it????

I am dumbfounded.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Weird, what country are you in and I'll check the catalogue?

Peter

>.

Is it possible that this Country suffers from regional restrictions? I hope I am wrong, but I can see no other explanation at this stage...

Marked as solution

Available content on Spotify does vary depending on what region you are in sadly, since music licensing is still done old school on a per country (or groups of countries) basis. I've had a look in the catalogue, but since the album comes up as "Various Artists" I can't see the overall availability of the album. I can confirm that the majority of the tracks on the version I see are not available in Australia sadly though.

Peter

Marked as solution

Thanks Peter. I'd resided to the fact that I had come to the same conclusion.

How lame, you would think that in this day and age, a premium subscriber would have access to all available titles, regardless of physical location. My coins should be just as worthy as the next blokes, surely.

When will they wake up and embrace the real world rather than punish it. They will never eliminate piracy and yet they choose to enforce selective licensing rules based on different geographical locations?

Meh !

Suggested posts