Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

While Autoplay is turned off, similar artitsts keep coming up. How to solve this?

While Autoplay is turned off, similar artitsts keep coming up. How to solve this?

Hello all, Below is a screenshot of my Spotify preferences, where I tried  to turn off showing up similar artists. But it's not succeeding. What do I have to look for, to solve this?

Allready thanks for the answers. 😉

Device: iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12.2, Plan: Free,  Country: Netherlands

SPOTIFY  -  4.png

8 Replies

Hey @White_Shark, welcome to the Communit

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try turning off Autoplay?

Go to Settings>Playback>Autoplay and flip the switch to off.

Hope it helps 🙂

To check if I understand you: At this moment, I've got autoplay like at the third screenshot (middle): I had moved the white dot to the left. In my opinion, this is 'switching off'. 

But; I can give it a chance, and move the white dot to the right.

Hey @White_Shark,

If the Autoplay's switch is not green it means that it's off.

That feature starts playing songs based on what you were playing a few moments ago, so when the playlist/album/etc ends autoplay starts this endless cycle of songs.

You can learn more about autoplay here.

Thanx, so far. Well, the conclusion is: Autoplay is turned off at my Spotify. But similar artists keep showing up. Only now and then, but it happens...

I have no idea if it will have effect on my mobile-Spotify (as Spotify is a cloud-app), but at my desktop-Spotify I switched off 'Show friend activity', and also 'Playback'.

Hey @White_Shark,

Could you tell me where do this similar artists show up?

Any screenshots would be helpful.

Thanks 🙂

Allright. I'll wait till a similar artist shows up, and make a screenshot.

Btw: I don't use Spotify every day. So, it can take a week (or a few weeks) till I shall post it. 

Thanx, so far. 😉

I apologize for the delayed answer. But I have some screenshots:

The artists in my playlist, are: Slayer, Poison Idea, Corrosion Of Conformity, Jerry’s Kids, Fantomas, and Misfits.

‘Autoplay’ was and is, still switched off (as in the 1st post image, screenshot at the right). I didn't turn it on. So why do these ‘recommended’ artists show up?

02-Spotify.jpg

03-Spotify.jpg

Hey @White_Shark,

That's ok 🙂

Thanks for providing the screenshots.

Unfortunately there's no way to disable that option in the Free tier of the app.

You can learn more here about Spotify Free on mobile.

However, if you don't like this behaviour of the app, you can submit your idea I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Hope it helps.

Suggested posts