Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 5c)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

I may have 1 or two songs saved from one album and when I download them through the album it downloads all the songs even if they aren't saved.

6 Replies

This is a problem for me as well and it is ruining my listening experience.

Hey @MatildeM & @t0fr, welcome to the Community.
Hope you're doing great!

When you enable the Download option for an album it will act just like it does with a playlist, everything within it will get downloaded. Downloading doesn't have to do if you have a song saved or not. Learn more about downloads in Spotify here.

This is an expected behaviour, however, if you don't like that, I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a great day! 🙂

Hello @Loxer

Unfortunately, it's not working as expected.

I have setup downloads based on artist and not on albums. Since I cannot "save" my songs anymore, too many songs are being downloaded and I can't listen to all my music because it fills up all the space on my phone.

Hey @t0fr,

Could you try a quick clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps.

Unfortunately that's the expected behaviour, if you download the album it will download all songs the album has not just the ones you have saved.

However, if'd like that changed I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Tip: I'm actually using this myself. I have a created a playlist that has only the songs I want to be offline and have enabled the download option in that Playlist. I can then easily put any single song I want to listen offline there, it's much easier, at least for me.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thank you @Loxer for your proposed solutions.

They can indeed by used to "fix" people's libraries. However, the fact the this update broke some long-standing user-expected behavior is unacceptable.

The fact that the users need to use a "band-aid" solution to manually repair their song libraries after this latest Spotify update broke everything is rather disappointing.

I would really like to put an album on shuffle, without playing all the tracks (and without having to use a playlist just for that).

Maybe you will have better luck, but I had a similar issue and created a thread with over 100 likes from earlier in the year with no response from Spotify only to tell me to join another thread once I exceed 100 likes.   I still get likes from that thread today. 

I totally get that the younger generation typically only downloads singles, but having to download an entire album is silly.  It use not be this way years ago, but I really wish they would listen, Apple Google and Amazon allow you to do this

Suggested posts