Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhonse 6s

Operating System

IOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue

I use the album section of spotify for 95% of when im listening to music. There are few albums I have the entirety of saved. I prefer to save only a handful of songs from each album and use the covers of the album to easily distinguish between where the song i want is instead of searching through a million playlists to the specific song I want. However for some reason recently When I go to the album section and click on an album I have only one saved song in, it displays the whole album and I can selectively only save a single song or two from that album. Is there a way I can turn this off because it's essing with how I've used this app since I got it and its really bothering me.

23 Replies

I've spent so many hours (I'm talking days even) downloading all the albums of artists I enjoy listening to and going through all the songs, only keeping the ones I love. Since the update, I have ALL the songs of all the albums downloaded - not only a huge waste of my storage but also incredibly frustrating since I spent so much time unliking the songs I didn't like. 

This started happening to me recently as well, after contacting customer support they told me it’s part of a new update that we didn’t have a choice to have. They may get rid of it soon or they may just ignore what their customers want and keep it. 

Currently the only way to download some songs off an album or for an artist is create a playlist with the songs you want to download. 

SO annoying, noticed this recently, admittedly have not used the 'like' song feature much up until now. l loved that when u heard great song you didn't have to assign the song to 1 of your 100+ playlists & then try to find it later. Did you add it to  Blues#  1, 2 3 or Blues 2019? BUT, Spotify's  adding wholed album. If I pick one song that I like it doesn't is insinuate I like the whole **bleep**ing album. 

Lori Smith

Great news everyone ! It seems that Spotify added the possibility to "Hide" songs from an Album or a Playlist. It works on iOS but not yet on macOS... and i dont know about the Android or Windows version.

So at least now i can only listen to songs from a single Album WITHOUT having to create a playlist.

Suggested posts