Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhonse 6s

Operating System

IOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue

I use the album section of spotify for 95% of when im listening to music. There are few albums I have the entirety of saved. I prefer to save only a handful of songs from each album and use the covers of the album to easily distinguish between where the song i want is instead of searching through a million playlists to the specific song I want. However for some reason recently When I go to the album section and click on an album I have only one saved song in, it displays the whole album and I can selectively only save a single song or two from that album. Is there a way I can turn this off because it's essing with how I've used this app since I got it and its really bothering me.

21 Replies

Re: Whole album is being saved instead of just the songs I saved

quil396
Casual Listener

I've recently experienced this problem last night. I hadn't even updated my app and they chose to pull this b*llsh*t. I didn't ask for this. Stop sending out updates people didn't ask for. They have until the time my subscription is up to get this sh*t changed or im going to apple music.

thatsalford
Casual Listener

Seems it’s now being run by inveterate tinkerers. Can’t they just leave things alone? No, obviously. Poor decisions, by children probably.  Failing organisation. At least for an old(er) fart like me. 

Mauriarti
Music Fan

I totally agree. I don't know why they would change it. It literally TAKES away features, isn't that the opposite of what an update is supposed to do. I'm going to try going to an old icloud version to potentially fix it. It's tedious and annoying but I'd rather do that than have to keep using the whole album just to listen to one song.

issy9798
Casual Listener

I’ve found a bit of a work around, it’s not exactly a solution but it’s better than nothing. If you turn on Offline mode (by going into Settings and then Playback) it will only show your saved songs in an album. 

Hope this helps!

Mauriarti
Music Fan

It works for me too though I don't have any of my music installed. I shouldn't have to install the music either. The fact that this works leads me to believe this is some kind of a bug because it still shows the songs that I liked when it's in offline mode, it's just not installed.

quil396
Casual Listener

I’m in love with you. Thanks!!!

Mauriarti
Music Fan

I would really appreciate just a clear answer as to wether this change is intentional or not because this is either a really frustrating update or bug and I haven't found anything online addressing it, just a bunch of other people with the same issue.

the_toutaku
Music Fan

ok folks,

i spoke to customer service on this a month ago and was told this is not how it should be and they will have an update fixing this... again that was about a month ago and no fix so i did what yall said and went to apple music.... guess what??? i hate it even more!! apple music is even worse. so please we need more people to complain about this issue so they fix it, i have been on apple music for 3 days now and my god the UI is bad, cant delete saved stations, cant do anything you want. 

PLEASE FIX SPOTIFY!!!!

lolla2019

i’ve got the same problem and it’s really annoying. updates are supposed to enhance the app and not ruin everyone’s experience. and sometimes i just want to save a couple of songs or one from an album but now when i do that and visit my albums section i’m surprised to find the whole album saved?? please work on that or i’m gonna switch to apple music instead of this 

SUGGESTED POSTS