Whole album is being saved instead of just the songs I saved

Re: Whole album is being saved instead of just the songs I saved

EvDaGreat
Regular

Im having the same issue on iOS, this has been the case for 2 months now and Spotify hasnt acknowledged it at all. The desktop version of Spotify on Windows 10 doesnt have this problem. This leads me to beleive that this is a bug that is unique to iOS. Spotify is known to take forever to fix bugs and I dont understand why. Whoevers managing the development department should be fired. If they dont fix this in the next update on moving over to Tidal or Apple music..

dbazile
Regular

This is the same issue I'm having:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Album-view-doesn-t-filter-out-unsaved-songs/td-p/47...

Spotify, if you're listening, why make a big deal about adding UI features when the UX is falling apart around paying users whose complaints you're ignoring?

As a former Apple Music customer, you're making me very homesick.  For all of the problems Apple Music has, UI consistency and stuff behaving as expected was never one of them.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the new Your Library experience - we hear you and we appreciate your honesty.

There's an existing idea in the Community which you can add your vote to here. That way, we can gauge how many people feel similarly to you, and if it's a popular idea then Spotify will consider (re-)implementing this feature.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback regarding this - we're all ears :)

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

EvDaGreat
Regular

Thank you for reaching out finally and thanks for the clarification. I've already casted my vote on that thread. I think in the future when you guys are going to make such drastic changes to the functionality of the application, you should try your hardest to make sure as many paying subcribers know the changes before they are implemented. Send emails, list the changes in the app store update section, notifications on the website etc.. Its such a turn off when a product I've been using for years all of a sudden stops functioning the way I like to use it and theres no way to tell if its a bug or if it was done intentionally. Also the fact that the desktop version functions differently than the mobile version is crazy.. This is all anti-consumer and its obvious that there was an agenda..

AlexandreC81
Casual Listener

I'm having the same exact ISSUE ! Strangely, on MacOS i'm having the old (and GOOD) behaviour. Can't understand why someone at Spotify would consider this a feature...

AlexandreC81
Casual Listener

I just want to add that my brother is on Android and he is having the GOOD behaviour (only liked songs appears when selecting an album from his library).

So this is definatly a bug on ios. What about Windows users ?

dbazile
Regular

Spotify, is this the reason why this problem has gone 3+ months without being fixed?

Miniike
Casual Listener

this is driving me insane and is greatly impeding my spotify experience (i've been a paying customer for about two years now), i really hope this gets attention soon

yfitops2015
Gig Goer

It's not a bug and it's across all devices now.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Getting-to-know-the-new-Your-Library/ta-p/4766771

I'm sure they could change this behaviour without an app update? I'm running an old version of iOS so can only use an older version of spotify, and my albums without all tracks have also gone using the same app.

I really hate this constant development of apps, I've stopped using countless apps due to updates over the years.

I would love to know their thinking behind this update.

Miniike
Casual Listener

It baffles my mind that this happened. Can I not download a beloved constantly re-issued album without clogging up my downloads with a million bonus tracks and alternate mixes? I don't understand.

SUGGESTED POSTS