Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I contact Spotify for Support?

Why can't I contact Spotify for Support?

I am very frustrated that this Spotify site has options like "Help" and "Technical Support" but it all just takes you in a circle to Community. As a paying customer, I feel I should be able to contact support from the company I'm paying. When you search for contact info, you get a response that says "we get it" but they don't get it because they simply suggest trying Community.

The boards are great but I'm not finding a solution to my specific problem and I need a Spotify representative to guide me. Is that too much to ask?

I know these services are having a hard time getting folks to pay, instead of simply listening for free. When they do get paying customers they should make a better effort to stand behind their product and provide customer service.

10 Replies

What is the problem you are having? Maybe I can help.

For future reference, the contact form can be found here but it should only be used if you can't find what you are looking for on the help site.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks.  I'll try contacting them that way.  The problem I ran into is that I was playing a Playlist on shuffle and every few songs it would just stop and I'd have to get out of the playlist and start over, which caused songs to repeat.  Also, when a song played that everyone had already heard, I'd try to skip it and would not allow me to.  It would just go back to the beginning of the same song I was trying to skip.  The only way to move on was to again get out of the playlist and start over.

I have a question for you Matt. I can't get my spotify premium to work on my window 8.1 phone. It keeps loading until it boots me out. what should I do? I'm really thinking about canceling my subscription but I love my music. Help me out plz.

@LeronJones FIrst of all, it would be awesome if you tried to reinstall Spotify on your mobile phone to see if that helps. Did it? 🙂

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

@LeronJones

Try reinstalling the Spotify app on your phone to see if that helps. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

No it doesn't help to reinstall the Spotify app. I've tried that almost one hundred times now. Is there anything else I can try different before I cancel my subscription?

@LeronJones

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I agree with you totally. I'm having a real hard time getting in touch with someone that can help me with my problem. I keep getting automatic emails that doesn't say anything. I'm frustrated and now I just want to cancel delete this app and never waste my time with this app again!

I was told to reply to any email that I received and so I did. As a matter of fact I finally contacting someone. Don't give up, just keep writing my dude.. God bless

seriously. 
i need to cancel and it will NOT let me do it and doesn't even show my subscription. UGH.

Suggested posts