Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I download more music?

Why can't I download more music?

Hello. So basically, I apparently hit a "download cap" set by Spotify on how many songs I can download on my iPhone. I'm not too sure why Spotify would set a "download limit". I had to delete a few playlists just so the download can continue for my primary playlists. 

I was not aware that there was a cap set downloads; Spotify did not mention that anywhere before I purchased premium. I'm sure they probably mentioned it in their Terms & Conditions in a small fine print somewhere, but let's be honest: no one reads those. If it was mentioned anywhere on their banner advertisements on the website that there is a capacity, I wouldn't have gotten Premium. 

I'm paying for Spotify FOR the features I was promised, so I should be able to have unlimited downloads. It's not using up Spotify server-storage space, it's using MY LOCAL storage. Thus, Spotify should not dictate how many songs I download, as long as I'm paying for Spotify.

Is there a "workaround" to the download cap? I'm really annoyed.

3 Replies

You have downloaded 3333 songs?

Unfortunately, there is no way around this. Spotify has a hard limit of 3,333 downloaded tracks per device, and they have said that they do not intend to lift this restriction, although they don't say why.

Yes, I downloaded 3,333 songs. It's sad that I can't go above that cap.

Suggested posts