Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

iPhone 7 Plus

Operating System

iOS 11.2.6

My Question or Issue

Why do playlist privacy settings keep reverting back on their own? This is makes me feel like I’ve lost all privacy on Spotify. I’ve always had certain playlists set to private (would say “make public” on iOS) , but suddenly I check and it says “make secret”!! When they were already secret. I keep having to make them secret, it’s frustrating. I don’t know why this happens and I don’t know when it happens, possibly after updates? I’m pretty sure it’s a bug in their end.

0232FB08-9253-405D-B2F7-9C2D8308200E.png
B18E2AF9-AAB5-41BF-851E-4881DAF24309.png
3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend updating your iOS, as I checked and the latest version is 11.4.1 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

This is happening to me as well. At least once a week. Both iOS and web. Only workaround has been to delete most of the playlists and just re-do the settings on a weekly basis. It’s a joke. 

Continues to happen. I manually have to go check every playlist that I previously Privatized and “Make Secret” again and again. No, I don’t have many “followers”, but don’t care! I have creepy exes and don’t want my weird listening habits broadcast!

One list that was previously my personal Secret yoga flow playlist. Keeps reverting back to Public.One list that was previously my personal Secret yoga flow playlist. Keeps reverting back to Public.

Suggested posts