Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does Spotify force you to download a whole album (bonus tracks etc) rather than selected tracks?

Why does Spotify force you to download a whole album (bonus tracks etc) rather than selected tracks?

Plan: Premium Family

Device: iPhone 7

Operating System: iOS 12

I'm big on listening to albums on Spotify over playlists most of the time, but I'm never really keen on the bonus tracks, live versions and remixes that get tacked onto the end of them. A recent(ish) change has really ruined the "album experience" for me. Whenever I sync/download an album to my phone, I'm forced to download the whole album (including bonus tracks and so on), rather than the tracks I want.

This never used to be the case. I could like/save the main album tracks, and then listen to and sync my library’s “version” of the album. Now, you’ve got to download the whole thing as it was uploaded by the artist/label. This isn’t a huge dealbreaker in most cases, but a lot of old/classic albums are up on Spotify as deluxe editions with a whole second disc of b-sides, demos, live versions etc and I just don’t need all of that on my phone.

Is there a way around this?

1 Reply

Hey! Sorry to hear you're having issues. Something you can try instead is putting all the songs you want to have downloaded into a playlist, and then download that playlist rather than the song album!

Have a wonderful day 🙂

Suggested posts