Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why doesn't Spotify have certain albums by well-known artists?

Why doesn't Spotify have certain albums by well-known artists?

Why isn't Real by Belinda Carlisle on Spotify? Seriously you have all her other albums but this is probably one of her BEST albums and you don't have it. I thought by buying your Premium subscribtion I'd get to listen to this album (which is greyed out right now) but I was wrong. While you're at it, here's another one: The Truth by Basic Element.

3 Replies

Hey @xmannix, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify works hard to add music constantly. Here’s some info about missing content: https://support.spotify.com/article/Content-missing

Hope it helps 🙂

Thanks. I've already seen that page and it doesn't answer my question. This album was released by Virgin Records which also owns the rights to some of Belinda's other albums but those other ones are already on Spotify. You'd think this is not a label issue. So why is it not there?

Hey @xmannix,

The article answers that 🙂

It might be paper issues between the artist and the label house or the artist doesn't want it in streaming services or it simply is not available for your country which is again up to the artist.

Spotify is always trying to get new music into the platform but it's not possible right away in some cases.

Suggested posts