Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why don’t I see a “play video” option for Joe Rogan Podcast in App?

Solved!

Why don’t I see a “play video” option for Joe Rogan Podcast in App?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country Canada 

Device iPhone 7 latest IOS 

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue
Im trying to watch JRE podcast and  only the audio format is available. 
There should be Video format available also right? If so, where/how to play video? Are videos for Rogan’s podcast not available yet for us in Canada? What’s the deal?

48 Replies

Spoiler
Re: Why don’t I see a “play video” option for Joe Rogan Podcast in App?

Don't see the video option on the Fire TV app or Apple TV - this sucks. Definitely makes me avoid paying for a Spotify subscription again. 

I hope Spotify is listening. This is RIDICULOUS!  And Rogan and his team should be listening as well. Not having video available on all platforms is an epic fail for the money spent on this deal. Every person that went to the paid Spotify in order to be able to get access to this podcast got RIPPED OFF. If you’re going to play with the big dogs Rogan, you better demand this gets fixed. Stern never would have allowed this to happen. 

...and what of support for your own products, Roku 3?
Not working here either.

4200X - Roku 3
Ver. 9.4.0 build 4200-04

I can't see it either I've tried all the installs and clear data cache and blah blah blah I want to see Joe

Because Spotify is systemically woke. There is no other explanation for Spotify getting Rogan months and millions of dollars ago. 

This isn't the person's question.  We all know that Spotify will play audio and video for desktop and mobile.  This person is clearly asking why can't anyone play the audio and video on TV, such as through xbox and playstation consoles.  It's pretty ridiculous that I or anyone else has to explain this when this has been a problem for months now with limitless rants and frustration on internet forums.  Fix this nonsense, stop pretending people are asking different questions, and fix the issue with not being able to play video on TV and console apps.  Honestly, how much more do people have to spell this out to Spotify?  Spotify is deliberately ignoring the community's frustration and inability to play video through the TV, this is hurting the Joe Rogan Experience and yourselves, Spotify! My god...

Spotify: "Let's get one of the most popular podcasts in the world."
Also Spotify: "Let's make all the woke people happy."
Result: Spotify being run like a Communist country

Here is the response from @spotifyCares on Twitter regarding this issue:

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/1347638011845029890

"Hey there, help's here! This isn’t possible right now, but we’re always working to improve the Podcast experience on Spotify. We appreciate your feedback on this and we’ll let the team know this is something you’d like to see in the future. For anything else, let us know"

I'm trying to watch the latest full episodes of Joe Rogan Experience. When you see clips on youtube, for example Jordan Burroughs, at the end Joe says to go to Spotify to watch the whole video for free. So I go there and there is only a few clips.

What is going on? I'm doing this on my laptop, there shouldn't be the problem that people with smart Tvs are complaining about. I'm computer literate, but I'm not tinkering around with this for hours. I'm just going to tell people, "Yeah I used to watch JRE, but I don't anymore because it's on Spotify and their staff don't like him, so you can't watch it anymore".

My Question or Issue
Im trying to watch JRE podcast and there is no audio format is available neither video!!
Are videos for Rogan’s podcast not available yet for us in SAUDI ARABIA 🇸🇦 ? What’s the deal?

Video for JRE is not supported on the Spotify app on Xbox/PlayStation either. Used to love watching full episode on YouTube but I don’t want to have to watch it on my phone or computer

Spotify is systemically woke and pandering to a few, loud people - not paid subscribers. Complain to Joe directly. They got Rogan millions of dollars and months ago. That they don't have video on their smart TV or game console apps is proof that they are being run like a communist country.

https://www.joerogan.com/contact

Complain to Joe directly. The forums are flooded with complaints like this. That they have done nothing since the millions of dollars and months have passed since they got Joe is proof that Spotify is systemically woke. 

https://www.joerogan.com/contact

The video just plays for me when using the fire tv stick and spotify app.  I just have to make sure I close the app and sign in again or I'll only get the audio from the podcast. 

That’s not the freaking question!!!!! You people are insufferable!!!!! I’m trying to be polite! When will video be available on ALL platforms???????????

I just installed on laptop and have no options to watch video

Me on my Samsung TV - no Video either.

Where is the TimeLine to get this done?

I got an email saying that an answer to this question had been posted and I clicked on the link below.

View the solution in the community

and I was brought to My Settings.

Is anyone human reading this? Why the [word burqa] is nobody doing anything about this? I posted earlier that Spotify has until the end of January to fix a problem that should have been solved months ago or I will be canceling my paid subscription. This is unbelievable.

This is pure capitalism.

I have Spotify somewhat playing JRE video via my 4K fire stick, it keeps queuing and getting stuck... never did this with YouTube.  Sad!  Worst app in the history of the world!  😄. Oh well, maybe I’ll try again sometime, maybe not.

Suggested posts