Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is my iPhone app crashing?!

Solved!

Why is my iPhone app crashing?!

I currently have version 0.9.1.

When I try to go into the app, it loads for a few seconds, and then the message "Browse is not available while in offline mode." appears before the app crashes and goes back to my home screen. Sometimes it doesn't even do that -- it just goes straight to my home screen.

Could someone please tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?

It's super-frustrating to pay for this service and then not be able to use it. If this isn't resolved quickly, I'm highly considering canceling my subscription.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the app? A device restart can also help sometimes too! 

If you are still having issues after that, what iPhone and iOS version are you using? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi all,

I contacted support directly and they advised me to update my flash player on my desktop computers where I am using Spotify.  I did so and now have no problems playing Spotify on my iOS devices.

Thank you, Spotify support team!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the app? A device restart can also help sometimes too! 

If you are still having issues after that, what iPhone and iOS version are you using? 

Peter

I tried both of those things separately yesterday and they did not work.

However, today, I uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, and then reinstalled it -- it seems to be working fine...for now!

Thanks for your help!

Description

Spotify crashes when playing music on my iPhone 4 after one or two songs when playing from my main folder which contains 100s of playlists. It will sometimes play for five, six or more songs when playing from my starred folder before crashing.  It has been going on for the past two years as a premium subscriber. The problem now occurs on my Mac desktop applications and iPad as well.  Please help!

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. I reinstalled Spotify more than a dozen times on my iOS device following the steps for a clean install.  It does not solve the problem. 

2. I would like help from the support team to find the issue.

What actually happened

Spotify app will not play without crashing for more than a few songs. 

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4 and iPad mini

Device’s Operating System

6.0.1 and 7.0.6 respectively

Is your device jailbroken?

No.

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

more than 200

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.9.7.16.g4b197456

My provider and country

AT&T USA

My username

ancientmarble

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

No.

@ancientmarble - This same issue happens on both your mobile devices and your Mac?

Peter

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

Spotify crashes less frequently through the desktop application than on my iPhone.  Spotify crashes occasionally on my desktop.  I am running Mountain Lion, 10.8.5 and Spotify 0.9.7.16.g4b197456 on a MacBook Pro (2013).  I also run Spotify on my iMac running Snow Leopard (10.6.8).  Spotify 0.9.7.16.g4b197456.  I mentioned this issue in my previous post in case the information would be helpful in solving the issue on my iPhone and iPad where I listen to Spotify more frequently.

Thanks so much for any insight into the issue.

Marked as solution

Hi all,

I contacted support directly and they advised me to update my flash player on my desktop computers where I am using Spotify.  I did so and now have no problems playing Spotify on my iOS devices.

Thank you, Spotify support team!

That is definitely weird, flash on another device causes a crash! 😛

Peter

Suggested posts