Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is the Home of Spotify on Apple Carplay so bad and totally not usable

Why is the Home of Spotify on Apple Carplay so bad and totally not usable

I'm using the latest IOS version of the spotify with Iphone 11 Pro Max. 

Everytime I connect to my car, spotify switches to Home and there isn't any single item related to me there. This is quite annoying.

Why does it show totally meaningless things such as languages I'm not interested to learn. How can I get rid of these and have meaningful things on the home screen?

Hercules2_0-1611931103657.png

4 Replies

Hey @Hercules2

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

If you see unexpected content on your homepage first make sure you're logged in to the correct Spotify account. Sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons. Check out this help article on how to locate the correct Spotify account you want to use. 

In case you still see this content when logged in to the correct account, try a quick reinstall of Spotify on both your iPhone and CarPlay to see if this makes a difference. Let us know the outcome and we'll assist further if needed. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

It is the correct spotify account and I applied your recommendations. 

After uninstall first they are all gone, then in two days again these unrelated things appear again all around. I totally hate it. carplay home is unusable. Isn't there a way to select recently played as the default page on spotify carplay? How can I get rid of these useless entries everytime I start the car? Never clicked on one and I doubt I'll ever. 

Hercules2_1-1612997814678.png

Hi @Hercules2

Thanks for your reply. 

At the moment, it's not possible to customize your Home screen. 

However, other users also think this would be a good idea. In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Customization should be standard in all

UI. I’ve been a paying user since you guys launched in the states a recently this UI has become a dumpster fire. 

allow us to customize things. Please, for the love of everything good in this world. 

AT LEAST, allow us to customize and remove content from our Home Screen. How this was not a consideration is baffling to me. 

Suggested posts