Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is the playlist order on my computer different than the one on my iPhone?

Why is the playlist order on my computer different than the one on my iPhone?

For a while, I've been having this issue where my iPhone playlist order on my computer is different than my playlist order on my iPhone. They are both sorted under "Artist." I have uninstalled the app on my phone and reinstalled it, but it did not solve the problem. If there is a solution to this, please let me know. 

7 Replies

It could still be sorted by Artist, just in a different artist order

Like my post and accept as a solution if I've been helpful!

Just livin' it up in the USA!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

I just find it odd that it would all of a sudden change into a different
order. Is anyone else experiencing this? If not is there a way to change it
so that the playlists match up?

I just find it odd that it would all of a sudden change into a different
order. Is anyone else experiencing this? If not is there a way to change it
so that the playlists match up?

I agree. That is odd… onto your second question, if you click the three dots in the upper right corner, then click edit, you can change the order by dragging songs using the lines on the right of the song name. Hope that helps you out!

Like my post and accept as a solution if I've been helpful!

Just livin' it up in the USA!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

Hey! We weren't able to reproduce this on our end.

Does the playlist in question include any Local Files?

Also, could you please provide several screenshots of the issue, so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

Community Ergo Sum

I have a similar problem.  I have sorted my Playlist alphabetically by Artist and find that the lists on both my iPad and my MacBook Pro are indeed, sorted correctly.

HOWEVER, the list on my iPad is missing many songs (perhaps 20-30%) that appear on my computer.  I should add I have created Playlists with songs that I have not added as "My Music" so as to be able to exceed the limit of 9,999 songs.  I am now going through my Playlists to create a "favorites" folder with the intention to add these as "My Music" so they can then be viewed in the "Songs," "Albums" and "Artists" view.

Please help.

I have the same problem, suddenly a specific playlist running order on my mac changed but thankfully my iphone playlist running order is correct? How did this happen???

Suggested posts