Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why isn’t older app for IPhone 4 not available anymore in Canada? I spent 5 hours looking for a fix!

Why isn’t older app for IPhone 4 not available anymore in Canada? I spent 5 hours looking for a fix!

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

Hey @Susitalolita, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

In order for Spotify to function properly, you'll need an iPhone 5 or later with iOS 10 or later.

There is some more info on system requirements here.

I hope this helps 😉

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No, it obviously doesn’t help. I am not questioning system requirements. I want to know why your older app versions are suddenly unavailable on older IOS devices? Seriously, what harm is there is at least offering it? I want to use my dependable iPhone 4, as I’ve been doing for years, strictly for music. I don’t want all the upgrades to Spotify because I don’t care about videos. It’s unfair and discriminatory! Bring it back! 

I agree, as I have the same issue with my old iPad2 which won't update to iOS 10.

Is this as a result of a recent Spotify update?

Surely it must be creating big issues for many users!

What can be done to get access back?

Hey @Susitalolita@Xivur.

I understand how you feel about this, and I'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks. 

Although, if your device doesn't have Spotify, then Spotify can't guarantee support of the device since it's not on the system requirements page.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, although this is doing my head in.
Previously when cache ( I presume) got really big and took up too much space on my much loved iPad2, I would delete/remove the app and reload it and would be given an option to use an early version of the Spotify app ... perfect.
I have done this for several years without a problem.

Now I can't reload/download because system needs iOS 10 and I can only get iOS 9.3.5. Maybe there was a different way for me to clear cache without deleting and re-installing the app, but am l stuck now with no way of getting the app back onto my iPad?

I am assuming there has been 'an upgrade' and those of us with older devices have been forgotten or ignored in the process.
Any help much appreciated.

Hi Billy, I’ve had the Spotify app for several years and it’s always offered me the older version on my iPhone 4. Thank you for putting this issue in front of the people who can find us a solution. Let’s hope they simply make available the older versions of the app. 

Spotify worked fine on my iPhone 4 for 5 years It worked fine before lunch, then froze after lunch. I did a re-install and recieved a notification that Spotify is no longer available for iPhone 4. What gives?

Maybe it’s just time to upgrade your decade old devices? I’m surprised that they were supported that long. 

Suggested posts