Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why the music is quiet?

Solved!

Why the music is quiet?

Hello, guys. I’m having a question. Why the same song does sound louder on Apple Music? I’ve just tested two tracks – Blackout by Garbage and The Cure by Lady Gaga using the same headphones. And songs on Apple Music louder. I set my Spotify settings for the Extreme Quality but it doesn't help at all. I connect the headphones via the lightning, so it's not a Bluetooth issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

if you ever experience this problem, the solution is to go to Settings > Playback and disable "Enable Audio Normalisation"

View solution in original post

14 Replies

It may be an equalizer. Check that your equalizer in the phones settings are the same as the ones set in Spotify. That might solve it. Hope that helps! Keep me posted.

Like my post and accept as a solution if I've been helpful!

Just livin' it up in the USA!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

It's turned off for both apps. Can you, please, check out "Blackout" track by Garbage? 

I don't have that for Apple Music. I only use Spotify. I don't know what is the problem. Try uninstalling and reinstalling if this is a pressing problem.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

Already did it with no results. Contacted the Spotify Support and they said that they would pass it on to the right team

Good! Best of luck to you!

Marked as solution

if you ever experience this problem, the solution is to go to Settings > Playback and disable "Enable Audio Normalisation"

Hi there,

Mastering engineer here: the Volume Normalization option answer the other fellas gave you ain't quite right.

Spotify doesn't use the same compression format as Apple does. They claim they are doing so to fight against the good ol' Loudness Wars (Google it!). In short, they want to ensure that a 70's Led Zeppelin song that has softer level and loudness overall sounds as ''Loud'' as a modern squashed and heavily compressed Katy Perry record. 

The answer to your question is a tad more complex than switching on or off a slider in your preferences. 

Look up terms like "Dynamic Range", "Loudness" or "LUFS". 

Cheers!

I had same problem! Basically I have just gone to equaliser "Dance" preset and moved this about until desired loudness....it's pretty darn loud now!!! Try it!

This worked!!! Thanks!!! I’ve been trying to figure this out foreverrrrrrr!! Thanks! 

I don't think it works on mac cause there is no such option on the mac version spotify setting. 😞

Do you experience this on your Mac actually? Never noticed that. 

please explane to me how you did this

open up app on iphone. Go to your library. Top right Cog icon. Playback. Equalizer. Then adjust the graphics or click on Bass boost etc.

Spoiler
No option for this on the Mac

Not really needed on a mac, in my opinion. 

Suggested posts