Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will I be charged after my free 7 day trial?

Solved!

Will I be charged after my free 7 day trial?

Hi, today, i accidentally clicked "Free trial" on spotify, so now, I'm hooked up with premium for 7 days. I'm afraid I will get charged after the 7 day trial has ended, even though I haven't entered in credit card details. Is it still possible i will receive a bill or something? And how do i cancel the trail after 7 days so i dont get charged? I also received a 30 day trial add-on notice from spotify. What's that about?!!?
140 Replies

Thanks I was having a heart attack thinking I'd be billed

It won't let me cancel my free 7-day trial premium membership how can I do that before I get billed?

@D_krimp20

You subscribed through itunes or directly through Spotify?

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have done the same & dont want to be charged after this seven day trial. However, due to my phone being on contract, im worried itll add the payment to my bill. Will this go through as payment and if so how do i stop this? Thanks:)

Marked as solution

@beth-lawton @D_krimp20

You need to check your itunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

osorniosSpotify Star

I just want to clarify something about this 7 day free trial. Is it going to automatically charge me after the 7-day trial? I cannot remember if I had put payment details so I'm not so sure about it. I don't know if this will matter but I use iphone for spotify. What I remember is that I entered payment details for App Store, so will this trial charge me using my Apple account?

@user-removed

You need to check your itunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify.

osorniosSpotify Star

This morning spotify sent me a message confirming that my account will revert back to its free account after the trial so I don't need to cancel my registration. Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

I have got spotify and i got a 7 day free trial.I m not sure because i have my payment details in my phone but not  put into spotify.Will my payment details automatticly go through to spotify and will i get charged or do i need to put in my payment details into spotify to get charged

@user-removed

Paying through spotify.com is cheaper than using iTunes. You can enter your payment details here:

http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

osorniosSpotify Star

I sing up by use my Facebook and I started a 7 day free trial will I be charged throw Facebook. Would like do now asap plz

I sing up by use Facebook will I still be charged I did buy some stuff on Facebook before Wil I be charged would like to now asap.

@Mtdew2012

No, Facebook can't charge you for a subscription. You can check your subscription status in the Spotify website:

osorniosSpotify Star

I have had the same problem. Is there anyway I will be able to cancel the free trial just so I know they won't charge me after the free trial is done?

@Victoriaaaaaa12

osorniosSpotify Star

So if I download my playlist when in the 7 day free trail, when it ends will the playlist still be downloaded or not, so I can listen without WiFi or data?

Marked as solution

@BoBro24

After your 7 days, your downloads will be lost and you won't be able to use it offline.

osorniosSpotify Star

So how come you can't cancel the 7 day but you can cancel the 30 day. Does the 7 day automatically charge you like the 30 day if you don't cancel it?

Hey @i_cant_cancel,

The difference is that for a 7 day trial you don't need to put any payment info, and for the 30 day one you do. That's why you need to be sure to cancel if you don't want to keep the service.

Without any payment details, no charges can be made after a trial, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check that your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal is off for Spotify.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts