Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will I be charged after my free 7 day trial?

Solved!

Will I be charged after my free 7 day trial?

Hi, today, i accidentally clicked "Free trial" on spotify, so now, I'm hooked up with premium for 7 days. I'm afraid I will get charged after the 7 day trial has ended, even though I haven't entered in credit card details. Is it still possible i will receive a bill or something? And how do i cancel the trail after 7 days so i dont get charged? I also received a 30 day trial add-on notice from spotify. What's that about?!!?
140 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Don't worry, you won't. If you're still unsure, login to the website to check the status of your subscription. In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info, if any.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I accidentally clicked 7 day free trial on my ipod. Does that mean I'll be charged as there is billing information on my apple ID but I didn't enter any into spotify?

No you will not be charged but u can go spoity.com and sing in and go to profile and hit subscription if there's not a charge today you will not get charged

Hey @Paulo5678,

Like @Mtdew2012 siad, it's very unlikely that you'll get charged. If you're still unsure, check that your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal is off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

osorniosSpotify Star

hi, so i accidentally clicked on the premium trial and i have tried to cancel it but it wouldn't let me. i have also tried deleting my account and sending a question to Spotify but i've had no reply, i really don't want the premium what should i do?

hi again, how does spotify charge you? do you take the details from when the icloud account details were put or...?

They will just take it out of your account.

Hey @tkb1,

Depends if you pay through iTunes or directly to Spotify.

To cancel and delete your payment info, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal and turn it off for Spotify.

osorniosSpotify Star

I'm on iPad and yesterday I clicked on the 7 day free trial and it doesn't show any update details or anything on my subscriptions thing, I want to cancel it but I don't know how. Please help

U will net get charged for the 7 day tril

How

Hi i just sight up by mistake to seven days free try do i get charged for this
I try to delete this but i can't
Do i get charged after seven days
Please help

Hey @Zag,

If you entered your payment info, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal and turn it off for Spotify.

Account_overview_twitter.png
osorniosSpotify Star

How do I cancel it???

I accidentally got the 7 day trial and I went to my account and there was no account paying method. It just said subscription to 7 day trial. I do not want the premium, is there a way to cancel this? I would not like to pay. Thanks.

Hey @QueenElizabethI,

Without any payment details, no charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you should check that your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal is off for Spotify.

Once the trial ends, you account will revert back to Free as it was before.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

You won't be charged after the trial ends because mine ended and I didn't have to pay after that

Thank you

what happen did they charged you 

No

Suggested posts