Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will I be charged after my free 7 day trial?

Solved!

Will I be charged after my free 7 day trial?

Hi, today, i accidentally clicked "Free trial" on spotify, so now, I'm hooked up with premium for 7 days. I'm afraid I will get charged after the 7 day trial has ended, even though I haven't entered in credit card details. Is it still possible i will receive a bill or something? And how do i cancel the trail after 7 days so i dont get charged? I also received a 30 day trial add-on notice from spotify. What's that about?!!?
140 Replies

I'm trying to get a 7 day free trial but it's making me put in credit card info when I don't even have a credit card. How do I get one without entering my non-existant credit card info?

Hi I also accidentally pressed the try premium trial will I still get charged after the seven day limit? Because I meant to press cancel but I pressed the wrong button so if you could help me out that would be amazing.

Hey @Rmoges

You can follow these instructions to cancel your subscription.

Once the trial ends, you account will revert back to Free as it was before.

Without any payment details, no charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check that your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal is off for Spotify.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I accedently clicked 7day free trial and once I clicked it it said activating and I didn't put any bills or credit card information am I still gonna pay

I accedently clicked 7day free trial and once I clicked it it said activating and I didn't put any bills or credit card information am I still gonna pay

You will not be charged until you enter your billing information online.

What happens if you've only just signed up but want to delete spotify account. Do you get charged for not doing anything? and how do you delete account.

I have a somewhat similar issue. I got a Google Home. When I asked Google to play an artist, she responded "you don't have a default music provider yet." So I downloaded Spotify to my phone to make it my provider. When I did, the message about the premium trial came up. I didn't even have Spotify on my devices (I-phone, PC, Ipad).. So I don't know why I would be offered the premium when I don't have the subscription to begin with. A little background on this: when I went to Spotify to see if I could cancel whatever it was that happened when I downloaded the app, it said the same thing as the other poster said about not having any billing details yet. My concern is that years ago I had set up a spotify account for a free trial and decided not to subscribe, so I've never really had it. When I did try to set up an account today to see if I do have a subscription it said my email was already taken. That is probably way back from when I first set up the trial account. So how can I be sure I am not subscribed to spotify?  Thanks for your help. 

Hey @april-lee024

To completely delete your account, you need to follow this link. Look under 'Account' > 'I want to close my Spotify account permanently'. Once done, you'll receive an email to confirm. If you didn't use Facebook to create the account you'll get an optional link to reactivate the account within 7 days.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hey @Gail-53

You should ask for a password reset. That should give you access to the account created with your email address.

Next, try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login. In there, you can check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks!

@Gail-53 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/400PdC8w7nzIh2vqalEbSA

osorniosSpotify Star

Can u help me since it's past ur trial did u have to pay??

Will I be charged after a for a premium upgrade after a free 30 day trial?

I am currently in the free-7 day trial.I am confused about how it works.When the trials ends will I get notified to cancel it or will it charge me.I don’t recall putting any billing information also (I know that will cause it to cost).

Hey @juliemp333

You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your trial are used up.

Without any payment details, no charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check that your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal is off for Spotify.

Once the trial ends, you account will revert back to Free as it was before.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Thank you.That helps so much 🙂

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks This Information
Nice answer..

i have my credit card info in but it’s for the free trial and it didn’t give me the option to put it in, will i be billed?

Suggested posts