Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will I be charged after my free 7 day trial?

Solved!

Will I be charged after my free 7 day trial?

Hi, today, i accidentally clicked "Free trial" on spotify, so now, I'm hooked up with premium for 7 days. I'm afraid I will get charged after the 7 day trial has ended, even though I haven't entered in credit card details. Is it still possible i will receive a bill or something? And how do i cancel the trail after 7 days so i dont get charged? I also received a 30 day trial add-on notice from spotify. What's that about?!!?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you haven't entered any billing details, you won't be billed. When your premium ends, all of your saved content and playlists will remain, only offline content will be removed from your device - so you can still stream that content.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@beth-lawton @D_krimp20

You need to check your itunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

@BoBro24

After your 7 days, your downloads will be lost and you won't be able to use it offline.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

Go on the computer go to sleep spotify and sin  I. And go to settings then there will be a profile and there we say unsubscribe

140 Replies

If you don't have payment details set up, you will not get charged. (Although, I think to get get the trial, you have to have payments information setup.) You can check your payment details and also cancel any subscription you have so you will not get charged after - here. 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hi, it says my premium will end may 3, and after that it will switch to premium account. They also said i do not have any payment detail set up. They also said something about 30 day trial. I'm already using a 7 day trial so whats that? Also, from what they said, I wont get charged right?

The 30 day free trial is the first month of a recurring monthly subscription, which you can sign up for here:
https://www.spotify.com/freetrial/

You are free to cancel your subscription at any time, even before the trial ends if you don't want to be billed. Just follow the steps here:
https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription

No matter what subscription plan you are using on Spotify, you can cancel at any time and you will still have use of your current subscription plan until your next renewal date.

Peter

It says i do not have a payment provider, so I will never be charged unless i enter my credit card details in right? And also, when my 7/ day trial ends, will all of the albums I've added to my device go away, or will they just not be available offline. Thnx for the help👍
Marked as solution

If you haven't entered any billing details, you won't be billed. When your premium ends, all of your saved content and playlists will remain, only offline content will be removed from your device - so you can still stream that content.

Peter

Thank you! This helped me!

Sorry for the question, but just want to be clear. I am now with the 30free days ( premium) and after that i have to pay 10£/month, if i wanna continue. What if u dont want to? Can I use free version? ( not including all the extras)

Yes of course! You will have access to all of your playlists and content on Spotify free. Just be sure to cancel before your billing date. You are free to cancel your trial at any time, and your account will remain on Premium for the whole month, so it you definitely don't want to be billed you can cancel now.

Just follow the steps here to cancel:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription

Peter

So I accidentally clicked on the 7 day free trial after the free trial will I go back to the regular

Also I don't have any payment set up soo. It shouldn't even be able to charge me right

The 7-day free trial is not renewing, so your account will simply revert to Spotify free once the trial is over.

Peter

So quick question if I tried canceling my premium and it doesnt let me see the cancellation details to cancel when logging in like the website says then what should I do??

What does it say on your subscription status on your online overview exactly?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

I did exactly the same, I was expected some extra information / confirmation / ask for payment details but instead a simple press of a link entered me into the 7 days with no real information on what had happened etc, not very cool Spotify.

Anyway after logging in to my account at: https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/subscription/ I found the below message:

"You are registered for Spotify Premium until XXXX-XX-XX. After this period your account will become a Spotify Free account."

That should answer your question 🙂

Oh FYI since I created my account through my app I had no idea what my credentials were and rather than potentially break the app I just logged into my account using Facebook 🙂

i accidently subscribed to the 7 day free premium from spotigfy but i cancel and when i log into my spotify account it says You do not currently have a payment provider connected to your account.

That's what mine says "You do not currently have a payment provider connected to your account."  but i don't what that means could some help me please... Thank You I apperciate it.

The first time you install the spotify mobile app, you automatically get a free 7 day premium trial. There is no commitment and, unless you supply a payment method, the account drops back to free automatically at the end of the trial period.

What you posted shows there is no payment method linked to you account so stop worrying and enjoy the free trial.

@charles93 wrote:

That's what mine says "You do not currently have a payment provider connected to your account."  but i don't what that means could some help me please... Thank You I apperciate it.

Thanks for the info ..

On my account it says my pre-pais premium will end on may 19, I was not asked for any payment information, but does that mean I will get charged?

Suggested posts