Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Will I be charged after my free 7 day trial?

Solved!

Will I be charged after my free 7 day trial?

Hi, today, i accidentally clicked "Free trial" on spotify, so now, I'm hooked up with premium for 7 days. I'm afraid I will get charged after the 7 day trial has ended, even though I haven't entered in credit card details. Is it still possible i will receive a bill or something? And how do i cancel the trail after 7 days so i dont get charged? I also received a 30 day trial add-on notice from spotify. What's that about?!!?
140 Replies

I did get charged 

Did u ever make a second account

Not that I am aware of. So I have no idea why I am being charged.
I really need it to just be canceled some how

I would check and see if you have a second account. Everything I have told you to do is understand but since you  don't have a subscription I don't know why you're not in charge I would try contacting Spotify to see why you are getting charged

Do you know how I can check if I have a different account?
Is there a number to call for Spotify ?

Thankyou

I don't know if I entered any billing info. Where can I check?

After your 7 day trial u will not be charged and u can you can check it out on Spotify.com under Your account

In my bank account i have a spotify charge for 5.48 and i didnt pay for the premium why am i being charged for something that i didnt buy

Hey @Jpa6997,

From the amount you mention, it looks like a Student Premium is being paid. You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you sort things out within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @amyaz513,

You can check if you have any payment details in your subscription page.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks  for  the  info  😥😁

im on iOS and using the 7 day free trial will I get charged using App Store as I don't want to continue premium after the trial

No you will not get charged 

Hey, I'm in the same situation as you right now.. I searched the same and people said that the account will just return to free again, instead of charging after the trail has ended.
I think it's different with the 30 days free trial, after that you'll be charged, but I don't think with the seven.

Hey @Emmy230500 @ASHTHECASH06

If needed, delete your payment info by doing the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check that your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal is off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Once the trial ends, you account will revert back to Free as it was before.

osorniosSpotify Star

If i click the 7 days trial and it expires and i decide to continue premium, can i still get the 30 days premium for free?

Yes

I signed* up by using* my Facebook and I started a 7 day free trial. Will I be charged through* Facebook? Would like to* know* asap please*.

Suggested posts