Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wireless speakers for spotify

Solved!

Wireless speakers for spotify

You know some wireless speakers to those who can pass lists spotify without puncturing the iphone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have done some research and it looks like the Sony wireless speakers support DLNA, a service for streaming content on local networks. For Android the application "twonky bream" , https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pv.twonkybeam ,can be used to stream content from android phones to speakers that support DLNA. According to their website support for spotify is currently being implemented and they are expecting to release the application with spotify support in mid-january. A solution to your problem is not far away.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are asking, but on the iPhone, you are able to use AirPlay to play your Spotify on any AirPlay compatible speakers.  If you search for AirPlay speakers, you should find a number of options that may suit your requirements.

I not sure if this is the same I'm looking to use remote speakers to play spotify through an airport i(like Itunes) is that possible ?

Hmmm

I bought a sony remote speaker for Christmas and I can access it from my iPad, but spotify on my Samsung Galaxy R does not link with the beast. Any ideas why?

@tantebob wrote:

Hmmm

I bought a sony remote speaker for Christmas and I can access it from my iPad, but spotify on my Samsung Galaxy R does not link with the beast. Any ideas why?

I would suggest that you consult the documentation or the manual provided by the manufacturer of your speaker.

spent quite a while doing that already

I hoped to get some info from you guys wether it is possibly with spotify and a samsung mobile and a sony speaker...

Marked as solution

I have done some research and it looks like the Sony wireless speakers support DLNA, a service for streaming content on local networks. For Android the application "twonky bream" , https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pv.twonkybeam ,can be used to stream content from android phones to speakers that support DLNA. According to their website support for spotify is currently being implemented and they are expecting to release the application with spotify support in mid-january. A solution to your problem is not far away.

Spotify for iPad support AirPlay, which your Sony speaker support, but the android application does not yet support it, but as i mentioned in my previous post there is an application to be released soon that will solve your issue.

Well, I am not sure if I understand what you're asking but I have been searching for wireless speaker solutions to easily listen to my spotify and other tunes.

I am happy to report after listening to about 10 different options available to me locally I chose the LOGITECH UE Boombox and LOVE it. Even over the Bose soundlink and was a hundred bucks cheaper. I paid $249 which seems like a lot but not for what you get. no dock , just a great speaker with an easy to carry handle and awesome rich sound. I listened to Big Jawbone, Alter Lansing, Bose, JBL (another favorite), and a few more. 

Here's why:

It is Bluetooth, which connect very fast and so far no trouble ...very easy to connect.

Even tho it says only a 30ft range if I have had success operating it from my iPhone 5 and iPad 4 from upstairs to downstairs.

Next, it's also Portable with a battery life of about 5 hours of active listening. If you listen more like I do in my house, I just keep it plugged in and on all the time. I walk into the area and open Spotify and instantly get music. I took it to a friends and they were blown away.

This type of thing is so subjective and people use them in different ways for different purposes, but regardless of the way it looks, it can hold it's own with a few much more expensive speakers.

Good luck and let me know what you all find out. I am always looking.

There are lots of options out there andI am looking for a linked system with Bluetooth to have in all my rooms.

Cheers,

Spotify Premium account, using iPhone5, iPad4, and Laptop PC Windows 7, Logitech UE Boombox Bluetooth portable speaker.

Why can't I contol the device's( B&W Zepplin Wireless ) volume from my Sony Z4 tablet?

Suggested posts