Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't Let Me Search in iPad

Won't Let Me Search in iPad

Just updated to ver. 1.4.1.4 and now search is not working on my iPad mini, although all other functions working properly. Since this app is basically useless without the search function, I will cancel my account if it is not resolved quickly.
18 Replies

Hi Gnott21

What happens when you try to use the search function? 

I have a same problem, search allows me to find something, but doesn´t let me open the results. Any suggestions?

Same problem here. I'm using iPad mini retina and have latest version installed! PLEASE HELP ME!!! This is driving me crazy!

Screen freeze after using search and playing back a selection. I have to close and restart app to work around, but happens every time!

I had this problem, but after a forced restart (holding home and power buttons until apple logo shows) this didn't happen anymore. Does this help you too?
☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

Just tried it and it worked for a few minutes, then froze again.

Ahh...bummer. I only tried a couple of searches and was thrilled when it worked.
☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

I have tried to reinstall spotify, and restart the ipad and cleared the cookies from safari, but it doesn´t work for me either. After reinstall or logout i can search a few times, and then it freezes again.

I need a solution asap

For me search returns "No results found for ..." no matter what search criteria I use. Rebooted, reinstalled: no help.
image.jpg

This happens:

image.jpg

The lack of response by Spoitfy here is unfortunate. My search function was working fine for a while, now it isn't. The inconsistencies with this new version are maddening and, ultimately, not worth even the small monthly fee if I cannot utilize the search function. Sorry, Spotify, I gave you ample time to address the problem. I guess I will have to look elsewhere for my music...

How do major bugs like this make it into a release . Does anyone test these things at all ?

Some of us couldn't replicate this issue on our end, I'll need all of your help to do a complete clean reinstallation.

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, head to Spotify.com, login to your account and head to the Offline Devices tab and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

I tried searching on a new iPad Mini Retina that I just got from the Apple Store, all is well, so I believe that there are some corrupted caching problems there.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Looks like this problem is gone. After latest re-installing of spotify app i can now search and queue. I hope it stays like this. I had long e-mail conversations with spotify support so rescpect for them too for taking this problem seriously.

It seems to have been updated from 1.4.1.4 to 1.5.0.2728 so there must have been a problem in earlier version.

I have tried EVERYTHING suggested above and it simply does not work. My ipad is a brand new IPad Air and was replaced today and the issue remains. It also remains when trying from my bfs ipad. So it's clearly not the iPads with the problem - but spotify - or at least my spotify account.

The first time I search for a song it always works and the second time onwards it freezes. The actual search function works but the touch screen is not responsive when trying to press any of the songs or the artist. Although the touch works on everything else.

This is ridiculously frustrating. The only thing right now that works is the browse of playlists already created by others - but if that's what I wanted I would listen to the radio - which I don't want.

I'm also on my trial period and I will not extend unless this is resolved ASAP.

Please respond.

@Tovrad

Yeah the freezing thing is so irritating, this problem had already been escalated:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Unable-to-select-search-result-after...

Only happens on the iPad - mobile is fine.

The current workaround is to double tap home > flick up the Spotify card > and to try again.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts