Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let me skip anymore

Won't let me skip anymore

Hi,

So I've been using Spotify for just over a year, and I've been able to skip as much as I like, using my iPad mini 3, without premium. Today, I go to go through my weekly discoveries playlist, and it won't let me skip ANYTHING. The skip button was greyed out. Is this just a bug? Cause this is kind of a deal breaker. I don't want to have to get rid of the app, especially as I have a playlist with almost 2000 songs in it, and other smaller playlists too. 

16 Replies

Hi, @MeanLaugh!

Welcome to the Spotify Community, we're glad to see you're part of the band.

Could you let us know if this started happening after an update or an specific event? Also, try logging out from the app and then log back in.

Keep us posted.

It's working now, no worries. It wasn't working for about 2 days, but it is
now.

It won't let me skip songs anymore

Mine fixed itself after two days or so, but maybe try restarting your device, or logging out and then back in. 

Okay for years I've been able to add any song to my playlist and play them without paying anything and with unlimited skips and NO ads! Why all of the sudden is spotify not letting me pick the songs I want, have as many skips as I want and have ads? If this is a permanent thing I'm done with spotify because I didn't have to pay anything then and im not paying it now!

Hiya Monica

I have recently purchased premium subscription and it still won't let me skip songs, telling me it is only available to premium customers.

Please help, I've tried logging out and in again.

Thanks

Mine is doing the same thing, did you g t this sorted?

It just all of a sudden started working again. Sorry!

I am also having the same problem, before I could skip as much as I wanted but now my spotify suddenly stopped allowing me to skip. I've tried re downloading it but it still does not work.

I'm having the same problem, I just recently paid the premium feature but somehow it only let me pick music and I was unable to skip the next song or even shuffle. I don't know what to do, I've logged out and logged in but it doesn't seems to be working. Please help!

Mine has the same problem, I've just registered for the premium account with the students discount and It doesn't allow me to skip the song

Mine is doing the same thing. Just the pop up of 'you've discovered a premium feature....' but I have premium?

same problem here, i´m crying 😞 i´ve payed and have premium already, but WHY DOES NOTHING WORK ?!?!

I logged out and logged back in I've done everything u can think of still doesn't work my skip buttons go gray especially the one on the left and it's very annoying since I just paid 30 euros for 3 months premium so plz fix it ASAP

Same thing. Had it for years worked fine. Got premium worked fine for months. Just cancelled premium and now I can't skip or choose songs, and now when I do watch the ads for '30 min uninterrupted' I still get ads after every song. Disgraceful. I don't want to have to delete this app but if it doesn't get fixed I will.

I’ve been using Spotify for years for a very long time but all of the sudden it hasn’t let me skip for a couple of days. I wait and wait and wait for hours to let me skip but it just won’t. 

Suggested posts