Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't sync local files, says it's pending all the time

Solved!

Won't sync local files, says it's pending all the time

I updated to the latest version, and was playing around and pressed that button that said "Available Offline" at the top of the local files playlist on your iPhone, then switched it back. After that all the songs disappeared in my local files playlist on my phone. When I got home I tried to resync everything but when I go to "Devices" --> "My iPhone" and check the local files box to sync them, it just says "pending". I use the free version by the way.

I've tried reinstalling desktop/iPhone app, syncing over 3G, different internet connections, and I have 16G of free space. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it, thanks!

66 Replies

I actually just add the file to starred and the local files just sync into my iPhone. There is no need to create a new playlist that which is too much of a hastle to do so.

Cheers. 🙂

I´ve tried everything!!! And didn´t work

It´s true that I´m trying with my songs I recorded in my guitar + vocal but it´s a mp3. I really don´t know what more can I do.

Some songs come from the desktop to my iPad but not all of them. I created a playlist with them and some are avaiable to play (white color) and ther others (in grey) I have a message: "SONG NOT SYNC: if you are the owner of the song you can sync from your desktop"

They should do what google is doing with play, let yu upload your own musics and make them available just 4 u.

Totally agree mchiarrli. Spotify does something similar, in that, you do upload your music, but the actual MP3 has to be on your device which takes up storage space. Google allows the user to listen to their music via the cloud and store on their device if they want. It is a welcomed choice.

I tried to add all local files to a new playlist and set the playlist offline, but the sync won't start. BUT if you tick the plus icons to the left of the song titles in the playlist and thus enable offline mode for every song one by one it works. It's a bit annoying but works.

This worked like a charm. Key was opening Local Files, and then playing the song. Weird, it didn't play, but immediately showed up as available in my phone Local Files and in the playlist I created available offline.

Yes

Suggested posts