Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Song or Album is Played

Solved!

Wrong Song or Album is Played

Since my trial period is over, I can not bring up the correct song that i chose, either from my saved play lists or from the radio. For instance , if I pick song A, song B plays. I did try reloading, but that did not work.

I have iPhone 5 with IOS 6.1.2

Please advise.

Thanks

GRS2

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@GRS2 wrote:

Thank you for ypur response. But even the radio brings up the wrong album &/or song...

What do you mean? Can you post a screenshot?

Radio will play a selection of music based on whichever artist, genre or playlist you start it from. It will play content which is related to what you have selected, so if you start it on a playlist for example, it will play music from that playlist but also related artists or similar music. If you want it to play only the music you want, you need to have premium ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I am going to pop this over to the iOS section for you. 

Do you have Spotify premium?

If not, and you are in the US you will only have access to mobile radio, meaning you can't access your playlists. 

Peter

Move: Contrib --> iOS

Peter

Thank you for ypur response. But even the radio brings up the wrong album &/or song...

Marked as solution

@GRS2 wrote:

What do you mean? Can you post a screenshot?

Radio will play a selection of music based on whichever artist, genre or playlist you start it from. It will play content which is related to what you have selected, so if you start it on a playlist for example, it will play music from that playlist but also related artists or similar music. If you want it to play only the music you want, you need to have premium ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Peter

Peter

Very interesting sir, do you have the latest version of spotify?

I believe I have the latest version

Check, and if not update.

0.6.0.181 version
Core 0.7.1.6554

Was this issue solved or are you still experiencing problems?

Not solved. Is it because I have upgrade to premium?

Not solved. Is it because I have to upgrade to premium?

I don't believe that's the issue sir, have you tried all the tips outlined here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/105...

I did go through all that is suggested. Perhaps iPhone 5 ver 6.1 isn't compatable?

No. That's not the case. The only iOS incompatible is iOS 4

Spotify works well with my iMac 10.6

Suggested posts