Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS13

My Question or Issue

Since I installed iOS13 on my iPhone 8, I can no longer see my Yamaha speakers with Spotify Connect. If I try selecting them from a windows PC with the windows Spotify app: no problem. So it seems to be related to the iPhone Spotify app on iOS13.

I tried reinstalling the Spotify app. but that did not help

More people with problems and/or suggestions please reply!

Update 7-10-2019: The problem is back unfortunately, I think since I updated my iPhone to iOS13.1.2, but not sure. The version og the Spotify app installed on my iPhone 8 is: 8.5.25.760

9 Replies

same here.  Can't see my Blusound Node2i on my iPhone 11 

I have the same. iOS 13, iPhone 8.

Bluesound flex and pulse 2 speakers are not visible in Spotify.

On android they are visible.

I already tried logging out, uninstalling, resetting the speakers, restarting the phone and installing it again. But it does not help.

pleas fix this ASAP!

we also cannot see our blusound speakers via spotify.

We have contacted Blusound and Spotify multiple times. They both send us back to the other. At this point, I'm 99% certain that it's a spotify problem. 

We have restarted EVERYTHING (router, spotify, bluos app, speakers) multiple times and the computers and android devices will then see the speakers through the spotify app, however the iphone spotify app hasn't been able to detect them for a while. However this is only a very temporary fix. Shortly after restarting everything the speakers disappear from spotify again. 

connecting to spotify via bluos app also does not work. 

We pretty much use all these fancy speakers to listen to Radio Paradise exclusively now, because Spotify just does not work.

ANY help would be so very much appreciated. 

been on spotify support for nearly two hours today, third go-around. so it's gotta be close to 5 hours total at this point with just Spotify. Tidal costs the same and interfaces directly with the bluos app. no problems there. just switch and save yourself the pain.

I updated IOS to 13.1.1 and noticed that spotify was updated today also to 8.5.25.760. The speakers are visible again for now! Not sure if spotify or IOS or combination caused the problem...

let's see if it keeps working 🤞

I also updated to 13.1, and later to 13.1.1. And updated spotify to the latest version. But the problem persists. I even did a whole logout, reboot phone, reset players cycle, but without luck.

updated to 13.1.1 and the newest Spotify. no luck 😞

I am having the same problem. Seems very odd and very frustrating.

I've the same problem with HEOS Devices. 
on my girlfriends IPhone 6 with 12.4 , the devices are reachable at all. 

I'll think too, this is an ios13 issue (Bonjour?)

Suggested posts