Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14.5.1

My Question or Issue

I am getting a strange pop up message when I start Spotify. *And every time I tap the Home icon!* It says You’re in control and has a button that says Choose. There is no way to dismiss this message. Pressing Choose does nothing but the pop up goes away.

This is with a premium account. What in the world is going on?

45F1CFA0-BAF9-4128-98A7-006C39391A89.png
6 Replies

Hey @syplex, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. This pop-up is legit and it's from Spotify. 

Also, you should be receiving an iOS pop-up notification after tapping CHOOSE. I'd recommend making sure that you have Spotify notifications enabled, so the pop-up can work as it should. 

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This pop-up is legit and it's from Spotify. 

Its obviously from Spotify, it’s inside the app. The issue is the questionable behavior. It looks like an ad, but I have Premium. If it’s not an ad, it’s trying to get me to change some setting and it keeps bugging me. That is ad-like nagware. It should only ask once if it’s going to ask at all.

> Also, you should be receiving an iOS pop-up notification after tapping CHOOSE. I'd recommend making sure that you have Spotify notifications enabled, so the pop-up can work as it should. 

No pop ups after clicking. Feels broken. And I have had iOS notifications enabled for Spotify for years (see pic).

05B089FF-D0B1-47AE-8873-53B5D26F4410.png

Updated OP. I am seeing this pop up every time I tap the home icon on the bottom of the app. This is incredibly annoying. Someone borked it up.

Spotify has this new popup in order to be compliant with the new privacy and data use policies that Apple has implemented with iSO 14.5. For more information about this you can read here. You've probably seen other iOS apps ask this as well.

Only thing I can think to try is a reinstall of the app. This hasn't yet shown up in my Spotify app so I can't test this out yet.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same problem! I rejoined Apple Music, thinking about switching back because this constant nagging is driving me nuts. 

This has been happening to me for months.  It does not give me a choice to say no, and I order to use the app  I have to close it and reopen it. Spotify It’s nagware and it’s very annoying

Suggested posts