Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Library changed to Your Playlists test

Solved!

Your Library changed to Your Playlists test

In the iOS app, the bottm right tab/menu shows 'Your Playlists' instead of 'Your Library'.

I have 2 accounts. One which was made 2 years ago and when I log in, everything is fine. And one which I made today and when I log in, it doesn't show 'Your Librabry', it shows 'Your Playlists' instead. 

I have read in other posts people say this is spotify testing a new 'feature'. This is incredibly frustrating. I am a UX designer myself. Having artists, albums, podscasts etc is the BASE OF A MUSIC APP. Users can't be expected to go througha giant playlist to find an bits and pieces of an album they want to play OR expected to search to find an albumn they ALREADY saved. 

How can we get 'Your Library' menu back? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @yeetshaa, this is an A/B test that is currently being run by the developers to try and get feedback. You can get more information about this here: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my...

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

We've merged a couple of similar threads into one main thread. This will make collecting feedback and sharing info a bit easier.

We appreciate you sharing all your thoughts and we'll make sure to pass it to the right folks.

Cheers,

Lee

View solution in original post

18 Replies

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the changes in the recent Spotify update.

Spotify is always testing things by adding or removing features to make the service better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use the app like you could before.

We can't say if or when any specific features will be back. But as soon as they've got anything to announce, they'll let everyone know via the Spotify Community.

Juana, your humble Spotify fan!
♫ If music be the food of love, play on. ♫

plz make it back no one is happy with this feature

If this is some sort of a/b testing i also would like to be on the other side. As a lazy listener all of my songs was in "my songs" tab but now i cant reach them..

I've had three spotify accounts and only recently did i start using premium. The first two accounts, which were free, had 'Your Library' to organize everything. However, when i made my third account (this one is subscribed to premium), the library is no longer there but is now replaced with 'Your Playlists.' WHY IS THAT? I absolutely despise this new format. Everything is all over the place and unorganized! I can't view individual albums anymore unlike when i had the library format. The first playlist i had was named 'Saved Songs' but I renamed it to Negative Space, yet when i add new songs, spotify created another playlist called 'Saved Songs'. Because of that, i now have to add each songs individually to 'Negative Space', and all the previous songs I've saved before i renamed the playlist arent saved anymore. Please fix this and bring back the library.
IMG_4487.PNG

I recently got a new Spotify account. After transferring my playlists across from my old account to the new one, I decided to start saving some albums as well. However, when I went to do that, I found that the "save" and "download" buttons had both disappeared. As well as this, the "your music" tab had been renamed "your playlists". I tried deleting and reinstalling, but nothing changed. I also tried clicking the "..." in the top right to see if any useful options were there, but there were none.

I'm running version 8.4.16.483, if that is any help.

IMG_4103.jpg
IMG_4105.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @yeetshaa, this is an A/B test that is currently being run by the developers to try and get feedback. You can get more information about this here: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/system_settings/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my...

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

We've merged a couple of similar threads into one main thread. This will make collecting feedback and sharing info a bit easier.

We appreciate you sharing all your thoughts and we'll make sure to pass it to the right folks.

Cheers,

Lee

This testing is making customer unhappy and making your service unreliable.

Do you guys even read 2% of the communities messages.

-

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. I hope they change it back soon.

Why do I seem to have to deal with this from every app developer? Why do you people think it's a good idea to remove functionality that people actually use? That is always, always, always a bad idea from a user experience stand point.

I don't want to have to use Spotify on the desktop every time I want to look at my library. I build my playlists off songs in my library.

I'm in my free trial now and if this is what I can expect in the future I'm not sure I want to pay for premium when I have other music services (e.g. Google Play music) that don't take away functionality I actually use.

in case you couldn't already tell by my thread assuming this was some form of bug (accessing albums and artists is half the point of a music application) i really hope this gets changed back. it's incredibly frustrating when sometimes i just want to listen to one artist or album on my ipod without having to make a playlist.

This is absurd. Maintaining a library is a core feature of any music-playing app—there is a reason that Apple, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Deezer, and Tidal all offer it. Fortunately, my account still has the full library available, but I would be gone INSTANTLY if that disappeared. Adding insult to injury is Spotify's frankly insulting response to complaints, telling paying customers to deal with it and maybe it'll be changed in the future. If you're going to use your paid subscribers as guinea pigs, the absolute least you could do is offer a real explanation as to why you're reverting library management to its pre-2014 incarnation.

How do I return to "Your Library"? Can you fix this now? "Your Playlist" is useless for me, I can't view my saved songs and my subsription is Premium. I paid for something that is much pretty waste of time and money.

It's garbage. It is a waste of money to go Premium and have this useless feature. Bring the Library back!

Fix this Your Playlist thing please ASAP, I paid for the subscription but I don't get what I want.

Can you not A/B test on users who don't know. 

You were able to merge that particular topic but you can't solve the "Your Playlist" issue?

Suggested posts