Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music>Saved Albums library disappearing

Your Music>Saved Albums library disappearing

Recently I've been using the "saved album" section found under the Your Music tab but have had all the albums I saved disappear even the albums that were ticked for offline play. I press the save album button which would save the album under the "saved album" section, in addition the artist of the album would also appear under "saved artist." I would go on and continue saving albums and ticking some of them for offline play, but after a couple of days I noticed the entire library under saved albums and artist disappeared, and as for the saved playlists they were not affected by this erasing. So I believed it to be a one-time occurrence and re-saved my favorite albums and re-ticked some for offline play, but after a week my saved albums were erased again including the ones I ticked for offline play, and like last time saved playlist was not affected, I even regained the storage space I used up to save the offline play albums. This is the problem I'm having with the Spotify app on my IPhone 5s, I would appreciate any advice and solutions to fix this issue, thank you.
167 Replies

Definitely there's a bug tracker, and the bugs been escalated and the tech has been informed.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I've escalated this to the developers. Would be grateful if you'll could assist to chime in your device information below:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Your-Music-gt-Saved-Albums-library-d...
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hey everyone, thanks for posting those specifics--we're looking into this for you. 

In the meantime, please keep posting the following details:

1. Spotify version

2. iOS

3. Exact device

4. How many songs you have saved in Your Music

Have any of you already given a clean reinstallation a try?

Yes it happend recently and since a couple of weeks.

Yes the album is saved (spotifiy shows me the hook in the display, which means the album is saved)

The album is showing up in the album tab of "My Music" and the artist also in the artist tab. But when I switch of my iphone or even not using spotifiy for a moment (for instance 30 Minutes or longer) all the new added music is suddenly gone. 

My spotify username is: achimdeluxe69

The albums being affected in my account are: (just a couple of sample) Horse - The same sky; Kodaline - In a Perfect World

My Spotify iOS version numer is: 1.5.0.2728 and my iPhone Model is the iPhone 5s

Hope the information helps.

Thanks in advance

Cheers 

Achim

Version 15.0.2728

Device: iPhone 5S

iOS 7.1.2 fully updated

Songs saved last time Spotify deleted all my saved albums... Hard to say. But it has happened a few times, with very different amount of albums saved. The last time I don't think I had more than 10 albums saved. 

Besides this problem, Spotify crashes almost everyday. 

None of these problems happened until the last two updates. 

Hi, 

Do you notice that problem occur after the app crashes?

I am having the same issue with my saved albums all having disappeared from my iPhone 4S running IOS6. All music on my Mac is correct, but all that is left on my phone is only my playlists. All my saved content is gone and I can't find a way to get it back. 

This problem has been with me for about a week and it's ruining my Spotify experience.

Seems this problem has been experienced by others for months and there still appears to be no solution which is not very reassuring. 

Pls help Spotify! 

Hi,

Do you remember if the issue occured when you started the app in Offline Mode?

Seems unrelated to offline mode

No, I don't know for sure. I was playing an offline album while walking on the street and when the song I was listening was over all my saved albums were gone. I never have the offline function on - I just listen to saved offline albums when not on wifi. T

Yes, it does impair our experience. I hope spotify take notice of this major issue and do a fix.

I'm having the same issue.

The problem appeared again for me. So after reinstalling Spotify and resynchronizing my saved album, my whole library re-disappeared completely after several days. I repeat that turning off/on the device does not solve the problem.

I had the look on the open bug and could not see any related to this issue. So could anyone file a bug ?

iPhone 3GS

iOS version 6.1.6

Spotify version 1.5.0.2728

spotify account name : fabviale

The only workaround I see is to save albums to playlists (I was doing this before they added the "Saved music" feature :-))

It seems from the experience of others that there is no way around this problem and that Spotify will have to fix this bug. 

Is anybody from Spotify doing anything about this? How do we get them to do something other than having somebody occasionally ask a question and then disappear without answers or feedback (kinda like our disappearing music...)

Sure there is no way around this issue. 

If Spotify doesn't get this fixed in a month I'll cancel my subscription. 

Every new version of the mobile software is worse than the previous one. I just don't get it. 

I'm also having this issue on Android and I believe I know what triggers it. This error happened to me once a few months back and now about three or four times in the last week. Usually I only listen to music via Spotify, but since it doesn't have a track I really like that was released a few days ago, I got it elsewhere, and, like a jealous, overly-attached girlfriend, whenever I use another app to Play Music, Spotify steals my library details except for what's saved on playlists, giving it back a few days later. This is upsetting and I'm seriously considering dropping the service if it doesn't get solved ASAP, although I'm afraid the app might stalk me or try to kill me in my sleep. 

Username: alanmr

I use Spotify on a Galaxy Note 2.

1) pernelli21

2) all albums were erases except on my desktop

3)newest version 

4)N/A not sure how it did it the first time

Some of the playlists I have created and albums I have saved have disappeared from my account. The lists and albums are missing on my windows and iPhone devices. Am I not doing something here? It's frustrating and more than a little infuriating to find that playlists I have taken time to created and albums I have searched for are not on my PC and not on my phone. At first I thought that this was a space saving issue, but these items are missing on my PC , even though there is enough room on the hard drive available to store more than twice the number of mp3s I would have needed to represent the albums and create the playlists if they were in iTunes, for example. If anyone can shed some light on this issue, I wish you would contact me. I thought that this was related to not saving the files offline, but such is not the case. Most of the time these files disappear when I am offline on my PC and am not currently listening to music on my phone. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but reproducing this effort to create my playlists and/or save the albums is time I could certainly put to better use. I should point out that I have a premium account and that my next fee payment doesn't occur until November 11, 2014. This is the only problem that has proven to be of real frustration with Spotify. I have previously had issue with a space increase on my phone, but since then I have taken steps to ensure that my PC *always* reflects my most recent selected albums or created playlists.

Thanks
Dave

This hasn't worked for me. I've got albums saved into playlists and set the toggle so that I (should) be able to access the music offline. The result? I open Spotify up and discover the albums are missing (most often) or the playlist is missing (less often) or both are missing.

It'd be nice if an administrator could give us a sense of what's going on. Or at least acknowledge that there's an issue.

Marking albums of import is such a crucial element to making this a real music head's resource and is a vital component to the experience.

But it's impossible to catalogue essential albums without confidence that they'll be there in the end.

Suggested posts