Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music>Saved Albums library disappearing

Your Music>Saved Albums library disappearing

Recently I've been using the "saved album" section found under the Your Music tab but have had all the albums I saved disappear even the albums that were ticked for offline play. I press the save album button which would save the album under the "saved album" section, in addition the artist of the album would also appear under "saved artist." I would go on and continue saving albums and ticking some of them for offline play, but after a couple of days I noticed the entire library under saved albums and artist disappeared, and as for the saved playlists they were not affected by this erasing. So I believed it to be a one-time occurrence and re-saved my favorite albums and re-ticked some for offline play, but after a week my saved albums were erased again including the ones I ticked for offline play, and like last time saved playlist was not affected, I even regained the storage space I used up to save the offline play albums. This is the problem I'm having with the Spotify app on my IPhone 5s, I would appreciate any advice and solutions to fix this issue, thank you.
167 Replies

Hey everyone! Thanks for reporting this issue and for your patience while we investigated. 

This issue should be fixed in the latest iOS udpate (1.7.0). Please let us know if you continue to have any trouble after updating to this version. Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply (not a prompt one, nevertheless). 

I'll report any problems that might happen. 

Regards.

The new update is working for me thusfar, hopefully that remains the case. 

More and prompter feedback from Spotify would certainly make for better customer satisfaction - current service levels are not good enough. 

The problem persists for me.

Albums still disappearing after app is restarted.

Meredith,

Thanks for the update!  I wanted to let you and anyone else experiencing this issue know that the problem wasn't resolved for me until I performed a clean re-installation of the spotify app.  

My iPhone 5s automatically updated the app yesterday but I was still experiencing the issue where my saved songs and albums wouldn't appear, I was however able to view saved artists without issue before re-installation.

My Info:

1) 1.7.0.2390

2) iOS 7.1.2

3) 5s 

4) 4,535 songs

5) PleiadesSTi (username)

If anyone is still experiencing issues after having the app automatically update, do a clean re-install!  

The problem has worsened with today's update. As of now, I can't save albums because once I close the app and immediately reopen it the saved albums disappear from the saved list. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it multiple times and the problem persists. The albums that I saved yesterday and today are affected by this annoyance, but the albums I saved before September 10 are currently not affected and I hope they do not suffer from this issue.
I am using the app on my iPhone 5s with everything updated, I rarely use the spotify app on my computer so I do not know if it too suffers from this problem.

The problem continues to exist in spite of the update. There seems to be some consistency in denoting the fact that an album has been saved between the menu accessed on the top right of the screen (the 3 dots on the top right and the screen seen after exiting the menu of songs contained on that album. Once you have completely exited Spotisfy ( in iOS this is done by pressing the button at the bottom of the screen twice quickly, then wiping the Spotify up) and started Spotisfy up again, you will not be able to find the albums, songs, or playlist you have painstakingly saved. In addition to being *very* inconvenient, it is also *very* frustrating. You guys really need to fix it.

Dave

Thank you for your feedback, we're looking into this..

It would be great if you could give some info to help us diagnose the problem:

- How much space do you have free on your device?

- If you exit Spotify by pressing the home button once (so it goes into background), waiting 5 seconds and then killing the app (by double clicking and swiping away), does the problem persist?

- What are your network conditions? (Wifi, Edge, 3G, fast or slow, etc.)

- When you start spotify, is your Albums tab empty? or do you still see some previously saved albums?

- Do you have any filters on? you can check if your Albums tab is being filtered by either scrolling to the bottom of the albums list or by pulling down on the top of the list to reveal the search bar and clicking the right Filter+Sort button on the filter bar. Also, what is the "sorted by" order?

- If you try to save a specific song, does it also not save? and if you try to create a new playlist and add songs to it, do you get the same problem?

- Are you in Offline Mode? (a bar on the bottom of the screen should indicate that if yes)

- Is your device jailbroken?

Thank for your input!

- How much space do you have free on your device?
•13.7GB free out of a 64GB iPhone 5s

- If you exit Spotify by pressing the home button once (so it goes into background), waiting 5 seconds and then killing the app (by double clicking and swiping away), does the problem persist?
•Yes, when I do the process the issue continues.

- What are your network conditions? (Wifi, Edge, 3G, fast or slow, etc.)
•I've been using WiFi(ATT, 5+MB/S) all day.

- When you start spotify, is your Albums tab empty? or do you still see some previously saved albums?
•All albums saved before September 10 are still present and unaffected by this issue;Any album I saved on September 10 and afterwards do not appear on the list, and I continue to re-save them but once I close/kill the app and reopen it the albums are gone.

- Do you have any filters on? you can check if your Albums tab is being filtered by either scrolling to the bottom of the albums list or by pulling down on the top of the list to reveal the search bar and clicking the right Filter+Sort button on the filter bar. Also, what is the "sorted by" order?
•The only filter available is "offline," and since I do not sync any album for offline use it is not on. The sorting is by "artist" but I've tried the other two options also: by "title" and "recently added" and all experience the same issue.

- If you try to save a specific song, does it also not save? and if you try to create a new playlist and add songs to it, do you get the same problem?
• After multiple attempts with singles and random album tracks, saving only one song resulted with the same issue. Interestingly, playlists are not affected by Spotify's disappearing act.

- Are you in Offline Mode? (a bar on the bottom of the screen should indicate that if yes)
• No I don't use offline mode and I've doubled checked, offline is not activated.

- Is your device jailbroken?
•No my iPhone 5s is not jailbroken.

Thanks for the feedback, just some more items:

- What is your username?

- Could you have more than 10000 songs saved (current collection size limit)?

Your username is カリアメリカン310, right?

According to our logs you have 10000 songs saved, meaning you reached the limit... you should have recieved a popup indicating that, if you do not then that might indicate a bug on our part..

Thanks for your feedback, to cope with this limit I can suggest you remove some older albums/songs so you can be under the limit again.

Hi dc571053,

Acording to our logs you have more that 10000 songs saved, unfortunately that is currently a hard limit on "Your Songs" size... You should have recieved feedback from the app on that fact (in the form of a popup), if you didn't that might indicate an issue on the app..

Sorry for the inconvenience, I can suggest, if possible, that you remove some older or unwanted songs from your collection to come under the limit again.

Never had this issue until yesterday after updating Spotify.  Entire saved music library erased from phone, but still present on desktop version. 

It's the same for me as 'gmn312' - only effecting my iOS version. Songs list was empty after recent update but the few tracks I added on my Desktop version are now the ONLY ones available on iOS. My username is 'meet_mark_ford'.

I have a problem with my saved music. It disappears both from my computer and from my phone. I've been re-adding it several times, however it keeps disappearing. This is very annoying. I've had this problem for a while and it doesn't seem to fix it self. 

@american310 wrote:
Recently I've been using the "saved album" section found under the Your Music tab but have had all the albums I saved disappear even the albums that were ticked for offline play. I press the save album button which would save the album under the "saved album" section, in addition the artist of the album would also appear under "saved artist." I would go on and continue saving albums and ticking some of them for offline play, but after a couple of days I noticed the entire library under saved albums and artist disappeared, and as for the saved playlists they were not affected by this erasing. So I believed it to be a one-time occurrence and re-saved my favorite albums and re-ticked some for offline play, but after a week my saved albums were erased again including the ones I ticked for offline play, and like last time saved playlist was not affected, I even regained the storage space I used up to save the offline play albums. This is the problem I'm having with the Spotify app on my IPhone 5s, I would appreciate any advice and solutions to fix this issue, thank you.

@american310 wrote:

There is a known bug about not being able to save songs to your library. I saw some people posting about that in here and wanted to make sure that they're aware of this.

I have the same issue. I saved a lot of albums for offline playback on my iphone 5s. Recently, I updated to ios8 and today I tried to update into 8.0.2, but it was necessary to recover my phone. After successful update and restore of backup I lost the list of saved albums for offline playback. I think I know this happened, because I see two devices at:

https://www.spotify.com/pl/account/offline-devices/

The last usage of the first one is 2014-09-25  and the second one's 2014-09-26. It looks that spotify failed to recognize that it's the same device.

Could you fix it? My account is: machlojki.

I do have the same problem on both my Android phone an pc. This is not only an ios problem.

Ha, this just happened to me again, while I was listening to music. Music stopped, I went to library to start it again, and it's all gone. I give up, going back to mp3s I think.

I think that there's should be a feature like "Collections", i.e. user should be able to create custom collections to which he will add playlists/albums/artists(all albums of the artist), then it will be easy to have always up to date album list saved for offline playback. Actually, there's only one thing to implement - album/artist based playlists (currently we have song based playlists) on desktop and mobile apps so that playlists will act as "Collections".

What do you think about it?

Suggested posts