Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music>Saved Albums library disappearing

Your Music>Saved Albums library disappearing

Recently I've been using the "saved album" section found under the Your Music tab but have had all the albums I saved disappear even the albums that were ticked for offline play. I press the save album button which would save the album under the "saved album" section, in addition the artist of the album would also appear under "saved artist." I would go on and continue saving albums and ticking some of them for offline play, but after a couple of days I noticed the entire library under saved albums and artist disappeared, and as for the saved playlists they were not affected by this erasing. So I believed it to be a one-time occurrence and re-saved my favorite albums and re-ticked some for offline play, but after a week my saved albums were erased again including the ones I ticked for offline play, and like last time saved playlist was not affected, I even regained the storage space I used up to save the offline play albums. This is the problem I'm having with the Spotify app on my IPhone 5s, I would appreciate any advice and solutions to fix this issue, thank you.
167 Replies

Had this issue on my mac. Reinstalling Spotify fixed it.

I have also just experienced this for the first time and I recently updated my iPhone6 with the new spotify version. Is there a solution to retrieve other than u save and save on PC version

I'm having this exact same problem.

1) Save album
2) Play album
3) Close Spotify
4) Launch Spotify
5) Album no longer saved

Happens on iPhone and Mac OS desktop client.

As an added bonus, groups that I'm following are also becoming unfollowed. Come on Spotify - this is basic functionality that's broken.

Dude relax sign in on the desktop and and resale some of the albums make sure your phone in the same wifi and the albums came back for me

All this talk of phones is just muddying the water.

I DON'T HAVE SPOTIFY ON MY PHONE!

I have it on my desktop pc with windows 7. 

I spent a good 2 hours creating my saved music library with all my favourite artists albums.  I restart and half/most of them are not remembered.

HOW ABOUT YOU CHILL OUT? AND HOW BOUT SPOTIFY SEND ME A CHECK FOR £100 FOR WASTING MY F8IN TIME??

I am having this problem on Android as well, and I have ~2000 songs in my library, so not an issue of being near/over the limit.

1. Albums/Artists/Songs are all still present in Windows 7 desktop app.

2. Spotify 3.0.0.1124 for Android shows no saved music

2a.  "Artist" tab shows artists I am following, but with 0 songs saved

2b. 0 Albums are saved

2c. 0 songs are saved

2d. Playlists remain intact, including ones downloaded for offline use

3. If I unsave and re-save albums on the desktop version, they reappear in Spotify mobile for a limited time before disappearing again

4. It does not matter if music was saved for offline mode or not, all disappears just the same

Obviously this is very frustrating and cripples my use of Spotify. I was starting to make the transition from iTunes/downloaded music to Spotify saved albums in offline mode, but if the key place I need the offline music, i.e. my portable device, doesn't work for this purpose, then I fail to see the point of this feature at all.

Hi all,

I'm having this problem too since at least two months. After spending many hours finding my personnal music... disappointing.

I hope techs are actively working on it 'cause that somehow messes the whole thing up...

T.

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE - I finally figured out the solution!

I cancelled my subscription and joined Tidal instead.

....shame Spotify wasted literally hours of my life with this....

Do i have to say same here? clicks and clicks on save album (many ofc) dissapear when I lunch again spotify, I even tried to save the songs of the album one by one.... guess what...yes didnt save.

By the way im talkin about desktop version and android on my phone.

Someone could fix this?

You might as well give up because spotify can't fix this problem. They have built this program upon other developers software, they just edit and combine someone elses code to create spotify. I have saved the artists over and over again to my favorites and they just simply disappear after I close Spotify. I so glad I got rid of my premium account!!!!! I **bleep**ING GIVE UP!!! THIS PROGRAM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER TWO YEARS THIS PROBLEMS IS STILL NOT FIXED!!!!!

For iOS doing this to me, an uninstall and re-install of the app and all my saved albums were back.

Not sure how many know this, but there's also a limit on how many tracks
you can actually save...I believe it's 10k. The workaround is to set up
playlists...there's no limit there. It's a pain in the ass, because you'd
have so many playlists they'd be cumbersome. Another workaround I've done
is to follow the artists I want, and search there for the tracks I haven't
saved.

It'd be great if Spotify would do what Apple's doing soon...raising their
limit to 100K tracks.

And here I find myself adding this comment to a thread that is 16 months old. Yep you guessed it, all albums and artists have gone. I really can't be arsed with this **bleep**.

Hey @andgregory2003

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry to read that your music is missing from the Your Music section. I'd love to help out! To do so, have you tried the following:

Let me know this information and if the reinstall, logout or reset help with the issue too. Together, we'll get through this!

Jason.

Dear Spotify, none of your suggestions work because you have a 10k song save limit.

I was one of your first US customers (actually, I was using Spotify Sweden through a proxy before you were in the US). You continue to ignore and not address this unpublished limit (which is only made available when support gets back to you after asking you to do everything short of reinstalling your desktop OS or restoring your iPhone).

I'm switching to Apple Music. No save limit. Better bitrate/sound quality. Similar but growing library.

This is a cuthroat industry - and this is how you lose to a competitor and lose customers.

Thanks.

Hi moderators

I think this problem happens when the app is auto-updated. It has happened to me at least 5 times and every time an uninstall and reinstall has brought the saved albums back. The worst part is that I then have no music saved to my phone, and I have to try to remember which 100 albums I had saved to phone out of 500+ albums.

This could be an excellent feature, but if you don't fix this bug you will lose a lot of loyal customers.

Hello, 

I have always used the "Save" feature when saving music on Spotify. As of yesterday all of the songs I have saved since I have had a Spotify are gone. However, my MacBook Spotify app stills has them. I would much rather have all of my music on my phone that is where I listen to music every day. 

Please help me solve this issue. 

Thanks, 

Bobbie

I learned that there is a maximum number of songs you can save (I think
it's 5,000). But, there's no limit to how many playlists & songs you can
have IN the playlists. So, the workaround is to save your music in
playlists that will be accessible on your phone, or delete some things from
your "My Music" folder. Another approach: "Follow" your favorite artists,
and then go through their albums and star the tracks you like, and they
should be accessible by choosing the "Starred" playlist. Only drawback to
that is that you can't sort them well, I don't think.

That is what I will do. Thank you!

Suggested posts