Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music>Saved Albums library disappearing

Your Music>Saved Albums library disappearing

Recently I've been using the "saved album" section found under the Your Music tab but have had all the albums I saved disappear even the albums that were ticked for offline play. I press the save album button which would save the album under the "saved album" section, in addition the artist of the album would also appear under "saved artist." I would go on and continue saving albums and ticking some of them for offline play, but after a couple of days I noticed the entire library under saved albums and artist disappeared, and as for the saved playlists they were not affected by this erasing. So I believed it to be a one-time occurrence and re-saved my favorite albums and re-ticked some for offline play, but after a week my saved albums were erased again including the ones I ticked for offline play, and like last time saved playlist was not affected, I even regained the storage space I used up to save the offline play albums. This is the problem I'm having with the Spotify app on my IPhone 5s, I would appreciate any advice and solutions to fix this issue, thank you.
167 Replies

How

How an what now do I have to join Twitter? Not a fan of social media... Just need a consultant to step me through this stupid app so I can pour concrete an listen to music

The reason your songs are disappearing when you save them is because
spotify limits your library size to only 10,000 songs. That's fine I guess
but it would be nice if spotify could at least tell you "hey you have
reached your limit" but no! they let you to continue to add songs to your
library or at least you think you are until you go back to pull up the song
and it's gone, but yet you were sure you had added it. All I can say is I
stopped using Spotify because of this, especially if your paying for it!
Try Google Play Music, you can upload up to 20,000 of your own songs to
there server for free and also using there streaming services. They also
have premium services as well. If you have an Amazon prime account it comes
with commercial free music streaming services along with video. The cost is
the same however if your a student and have an .edu email account you can

Luckily I had a decent amount of my songs in 2 playlists (around 600) and can download them again in bulk....

And I was nowhere near 10k songs. Only had it 1 month so far and almost every song vanished except for the 10 or so I had JUST "downloaded" made available offline 5 minutes earlier. BS that I have to install Twitter now

I'm having this issue.

My Songs/ Artists/ Albums have disappeared from my iPhone.

They display on both my desktop and laptop computers, yet do not on my phone.

I have tried signing out and signing back in, I have deleted and re-downloaded Spotify on both computers; nothing is working.

If I add a new album on my one of my computers, it shows up in my phone library.

I don't want to remove the Spotify app and download it again for fear of losing the albums that I have saved for offline listening. According to the storage setting on my phone, Spotify is still consuming 3.5 GB of my SSD of my phone. So it still recognizes that there is music saved to my phone, I believe.

Please help! I want my music back.

I'm having this issue- can get them back be logging out and logging back in again but don't want to do that 2/3 times a day. On Mac and iPad is fine - just iPhone that had the issue.

Wouldn't it be easier to just post the steps on how to fix this rather than asking users to go to twitter.  This IS customer support isn't it?

Mine just reappeared in a few days. I'm not sure what happened.

Yes it's ridiculous that Spotify has zero customer service. But I deleted Spotify on all my devices then reinstalled and everything was back. Best wishes friend

There was a solution on here the other day, I thought, but I'm not finding it now. The accepted "Solution" from Spotify is anything but a solution.

Making this short and concise: delete the Spotify app and download it again. It fixed everything. I made sure that it was still consuming the correct amount of space for the music that I had saved to my phone (around ten gigabytes). I think it's a bug in the shortcuts to the data locations on the flash. Downloading again rebuilt the bridges to data locations.

Yes gave clean installation a try...did not work.

I'm having the same problem, I have version 5.7.0 on an iPhone 5c and software 9.3.4 (the most recent) and I tried restarting my iPhone, tried reinstalling the app but I won't work. I don't have it on my computer. My username is bjkramer03 and the playlists I lost were: Hot Mixtape, Thinking Songs, Pump Up. Please fix cuz I'm paying fees every month for nothing

I'm having the same problem, I have version 5.7.0 on an iPhone 5c and software 9.3.4 (the most recent) and I tried restarting my iPhone, tried reinstalling the app but I won't work. I don't have it on my computer. My username is bjkramer03 and the playlists I lost were: Hot Mixtape, Thinking Songs, Pump Up. Please fix cuz I'm paying fees every month for nothing

I am an old timer and Ten years after album SSSSh  is in my saved albums but all the singles are darkened and I can't play any of them except one cut. I've pretty much rely on spotify for all my music but find I might have to try something else if my era music  choices leaves my saved collection. This is not the first time. 

I know this message is old, but it mirrors the issue I've been having exactly. All my "saved" songs from before 2015 are gone and I often find myself listening to a song that I know I have on my saved playlist elsewhere in the app, but there's no checkmark/heart indicating that I do (not different versions of same song). Something is VERY wrong and being as I also pay for Premium, this is super upsetting. Why offer a feature if it's not going to work correctly?

Wow, it is really a horribly designed app after all. Disappearing albums keeps happening for a while now but I thought I was one of a few cases. How can you charge people that much and have such a horrible app?

No more Spotify premium for me I guess

Horrible, horrible, horrible app (including the Windows desktop one)

Problem persists, all these years later... Samsung S7.

Making this short and concise: delete the Spotify app and download it again. It fixed everything. I made sure that it was still consuming the correct amount of space for the music that I had saved to my phone (around ten gigabytes). I think it's a bug in the shortcuts to the data locations on the flash. Downloading again rebuilt the bridges to data locations

Suggested posts