Your episodes list count one more episode

IMG_0015.jpeg

Device

Iphone Xr

Operating System

IOS 14.4

13 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in.

If that doesn't make any difference, could you try removing those episodes from Your Episodes playlist and adding them back? We'd also like to know if when you remove them, the list is still counting 1 episode despite being empty.

If none of those do the trick, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thank you for the tips. 

I tired the complete uninstall, device restart, then install. Still showing +1 episode.

Also tried logout and login. This doesn't worked either.

If I remove everything from the list, it shows 1 episode. But after that I can't open this list until I add an episode to the list. So I guess only in this view on top shows wrong number.

IMG_0016.png

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Could you try logging in to your account on a different mobile device and let us know if this also happens there?

If possible, give it a try using a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your phone to see if this behavior persists.

Lastly, try removing the current episodes and adding some different episodes from a different podcast to check if this makes any difference. This will help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

I logged in a different account on my device which is free but I don’t think this is matter. And in this account it shows the correct total episode number. So it’s something with my account I guess that cause this issue. 

Hi again @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply and the extra info.

Try removing the episodes from Your Episodes playlist, then run a new clean reinstall of the app.

When logging in again, try using a different connection like another WiFi network or mobile data. If possible, remember to try on a different mobile device with your account to determine if this is indeed related to your account.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

I tired on my iPhone with mobile network connection after logout. The problem still here. 

After that I logged into an Android mobile with my account the problem is the same as on my iPhone. 

It’s looking like the problem is with my account. 

I made a short video where you can see only counts wrong when I open the list. Everywhere else shows the correct number. 

5519BFCE-2F2C-4781-9D82-0A5DDE504FB7.gif

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In this case we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can check the account and investigate this further.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help. 

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Has there been a resolution to this? I am running into the same issue. I believe the count includes episodes that are no longer available. I added news episodes and realized that the news episode is removed and replaced daily. The expired episode is deleted from the Your Episodes Playlist but the count is not updated.

Hey @Wilikona02,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm if you already tried the suggestions I posted above? This would help us determine if this is rather account-related.

In case the issue persists after those troubleshooting steps, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a close look at your account.

Hope that helps. We'll be right here in case you have any questions.

CarlosEModerator

Same problem here, in all my devices, and nothing works. It’s annoying, so I’ m not gonna use this playlist anymore. 

Yes.  I’ve restarted.  I’ve logged out and back in.  I’ve logged in as my husband and logged back in as me and the problem is still there.   I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled. I’ve deleted the cache.   I’ve removed all episodes and my count is at internal list count is 37 however there is clearly only one episode in the list.  When I look at the playlist list, the episode count is correct.  I also looked at my friends list.  His internal list count shows 384, but the playlist count shows it’s actually 284. I’ve included sample screen shots.  

Prior to the format change in Spotify.  I could go offline and “trigger” the expired episodes to show up on the list but faded. I would be able to manually remove the expired episodes and update the internal list count.  Since the format change, I haven’t been able to get the expired episodes to show up.  Somewhere in your code.  The internal list count still sees those episodes.  

Spotify.jpg

Hi again @Wilikona02,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for that info.

We're currently investigating this and there's an Ongoing Issue in the Community about it. We suggest adding your +Vote to it and the info requested there so we can forward it to the teams in charge of investigating this. We'll share any updates about it in that thread as soon as there are any, so it's also worth to Subscribe so you don't miss out on any news.

We'll be right here in case you have any questions or need a hand with anything else!

CarlosEModerator

That is way too much work for something that shouldn’t even be an issue in the first place 

Suggested posts